Round 14 - The Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 14 - The Other Games

craig said:
Essendon have there fair share of duds on their list.

Heppell, Hurley, Hooker, Watson, Carlisle, Daniher, Zaharakis and Hibberd aside theres not that much else.

Wonder if the Saints made Goddard cry again today.

What about this quote doing the rounds on social media from Goddard (quote from a newspaper interview on 6th March):

"I keep saying to the boys, when we come out of this and we win a Grand Final, they will make a movie and write books about us. I'm serious."

As the Verve sang " the drugs don't work" pretty apt I think for the bumbling bombers..

jb03 said:
What about this quote doing the rounds on social media from Goddard (quote from a newspaper interview on 6th March):

"I keep saying to the boys, when we come out of this and we win a Grand Final, they will make a movie and write books about us. I'm serious."

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Delusional, just like many of their supporters!!!!

Hopefully there are many more 100 point drubbings to come this year (and next!!)

jb03 said:

BJ has seriously inflated his head since joining this mob. His arrogance on AFL360 is alarming.

TigerForce said:
BJ has seriously inflated his head since joining this mob. His arrogance on AFL360 is alarming.

Even for someone this delusional, he'd probably start to think that they might be a chance to miss finals this year :hihi

jb03 said:

Arte they starting up a basketball team then?

waiting said:
Saints will trouble us when we play them .

That's a concern, given the saints haven't got close to any decent team (except Giants round 1). Granted, They have looked good against other 2nd division sides. Not sure if we can think we are a top 4 candidate whilst we still fret over the bottom 6 encounters

22nd Man said:
That's a concern, given the saints haven't got close to any decent team (except Giants round 1). Granted, They have looked good against other 2nd division sides. Not sure if we can think we are a top 4 candidate whilst we still fret over the bottom 6 encounters

Got some serious pace! We havnt dealt well with that in the past. Also There is real merit to the evenness of the comp.

Beat the blue scum and the saints and then we can start to think of ourself as a chance to be a top 4 side.

Until then one week at a time.

Respect is earned, expectations are "shoulda"

Can't wait for the Prostate check these cheating scumbags get from WADA.

Someone like Shaquille O'neill with huge sausage fingers would be great. ;D

Stuff em!!

antman said:
Even for someone this delusional, he'd probably start to think that they might be a chance to miss finals this year :hihi

I'm already looking forward to AFL360 this Tuesday night. Let's also see what Knobbo says about his 'once great' club.

Saints have been very good - they are really starting to gel as a young side. I think they're a good chance of rolling the Giants next week and our game against them in the Maddy match will be a game and a half.

Can't take them lightly at all - especially after Saturday's game :p

puregreen said:
Saints have been very good - they are really starting to gel as a young side. I think they're a good chance of rolling the Giants next week and our game against them in the Maddy match will be a game and a half.

Can't take them lightly at all - especially after Saturday's game :p
Yep. Been shown all season that any team taking time out for a brain fart is likely to get rolled. AFL's reaming of the draft for four years has finally achieved the system they've been manipulating for, an extremely even competition. Now that the draft pool has been further diluted by having two more teams in the comp, there's even less chance of clubs having a dominant era or being absolute crap n rebuilding through a couple of premium drafts. Everyone will be sort of moderately almost around the mark depending on injuries or list maturity at the right time.

T-Box recorded the Essendrugs v Saints game. Never to be deleted.

Bombers and Carlton on the verge of decades long trips to the wilderness. And North getting flogged.

happy days.

jb03 said:

So that's where the 'movie' thing came from. No wonder the supporters are the way they are.

Since Round 6 they've won one game, we've lost one. What a great game!

Hope they don't sack him.

He ads so much great humour to the game

When the Bomber boys got off, I was angry. Now I realise it was the best outcome - Hird stayed on, they slide further into their own cheating hell, Hird's pressers are funnier than Chemical Ali's... and we still have the WADA case to look forward to.

Almost makes up for hearing that putrid club song with the stupid fans waving their umbrellas so many times in the 90s. Also thanks very much to Leigh Matthews and the Lions for ruining their last Grand Final appearance.

(yes I really do hate Essendon in case you didn't notice)