Round 12 other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 12 other games

St Kevin said:
Generous to McCartin there imo Bully, Darling has consistently kicked goals from his first season, whilst offering great defensive pressure and occasional stints on the ball.

McCartin has looked lethargic even at VFL level and needs a lot of work in the gym. Also offers nothing defensively. Long, long way to go.

Bruce looks like filling that number 1 key forward void for the Saints anyway, and he was an absolute bargain.

Very true, I think Darling is the best that can be expected. Not sure about their selection criteria but overlooking a player like Brayshaw still has me scratching my head. Something that has largely gone unnoticed is Brayshaw's speed, he is faster than Pickett, Cockatoo, Menadue & Weller over 20 metres. He's also defensively superior to all those guys. What I saw today was a complete footballer, a guy who doesn't appear to have a preferred foot, a super smart player who reads the play better than most and a player who leads from the front. Given the Saints had years of observing Robert Harvey I was very surprised they didn't rate Brayshaw higher.

leon said:
But not happy at all with Melbourne's heavily subsidized 'leap up the ladder'. Have they already overtaken us? Beaten us 2014 & 2015. If not already, very likely next year when top-enders Petracca, Brayshaw and other young talent comes on. AFL handouts kept them afloat, then another bag of cash to pay Poosy's megabuck salary. Serious intervention in the balance of the comp. Have we, Saints or Kangas for example, ever received this "assistance?" I predict Dees will become a real source of resentment on PRE if not already if they're playing finals say next year, and we aren't!
Cmon. This is melbourne we are talking about.
They will have the occasional flash and no doubt balls it up.
Not convinced at all.
Still a rabble in my eyes.

Well see if I'm wrong over next 12 mths. Remember, they've always had wealthy backers - MCC lords et al - although membership sad, improved now. But don't underestimate how good Hogan, Brayshaw, Petracca will be. Added to Jones, who kills our best mids every time, throw in Vince who is burning and a great kick plus stopper who still gets plenty of it, Garlett a winner. Even Toumpas, Gawn and Watts coming on, plus Viney will be a ripper, now Neale-Bullen and Stretch showing signs too.
If I am so out, how come we can't beat them?

Tigers of Old said:
Crazy to think the Dees got pick 3 as compo for Frawley.

Seems to me the Dees did a deal with the AFL over the claim for a priority pick. "No priority pick but we'll give you pick 3 for Frawley". Deal.

Yer, you could be right! How would anyone rate Frawley worth that? Just bears out my point about MFC getting the inside running compared to RFC and others. We're all going to hate this much more over the next few years.

year of the tiger said:
so we finish the round in the 8 - who would have thought

And if Hawthorn had beaten Adelaide by a few more points, we'd be 7th.

How bizarre this game is sometimes.

leon said:
Well see if I'm wrong over next 12 mths. Remember, they've always had wealthy backers - MCC lords et al - although membership sad, improved now. But don't underestimate how good Hogan, Brayshaw, Petracca will be. Added to Jones, who kills our best mids every time, throw in Vince who is burning and a great kick plus stopper who still gets plenty of it, Garlett a winner. Even Toumpas, Gawn and Watts coming on, plus Viney will be a ripper, now Neale-Bullen and Stretch showing signs too.
If I am so out, how come we can't beat them?
Fair enough.
Still a rabble built on a culture of tanking "supported" by pea hearted sooks.
Why cant we beat them? Who knows. A quirk of football.

With so many first round draft picks, Melbourne are bound to come good eventually.

toby64 said:
With so many first round draft picks, Melbourne are bound to come good eventually.

Isn't that what they said when they had Scully and Trengove as their messiahs? And Morton and Gysberts and Cook and Blease and Strauss and Watts and Grimes and Tapscott...

St Kevin said:
Isn't that what they said when they had Scully and Trengove as their messiahs? And Morton and Gysberts and Cook and Blease and Strauss and Watts and Grimes and Tapscott...

Difference this time is they have AFL money behind them

toby64 said:
Difference this time is they have AFL money behind them

Carlton is consistent proof that money means nothing if you have no footy acumen in the right places. Gold Coast is proof that AFL money and a myriad of first rounders mean nothing if you have no footy acumen in the right places.

Great win by the Dees, but they've still got a hell of a long way to go to be consistently competitive.

St Kevin said:
Carlton is consistent proof that money means nothing if you have no footy acumen in the right places. Gold Coast is proof that AFL money and a myriad of first rounders mean nothing if you have no footy acumen in the right places.

Great win by the Dees, but they've still got a hell of a long way to go to be consistently competitive.

Players like Watts, Howe, Grimes, even Scully aren't where they should be because of crappy development. Melbourne's kinda like Richmond was, only worse.

They're improving from the bottom end under Roos through talented kids who aren't damaged by the cultural malaise.

Anyone else ever seen anybody do what Schulz did late in the game against Carlton? Hit the post, bounced off that post and then hit the other one. Should he have been awarded 2 points?