Round 12 other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 12 other games

jb03 said:
Hard to watch Jeffey running around and thinking what might (or should) have been.

Not wrong. Just kicked his fourth.

Good game by the Dees. They always play better with Gawn in the team with his flexibility as a tall....a bit like Jeff White.

Even Watts is getting a bit better with decision making I've noticed.

Tigers of Old said:
Seriously who'd bet on football?

Gill better check on the Cats. Dees played well, but the Cats efforts looked 'tankable' to me.

Thank goodness I'll have something to throw back at the Cats supporters who are going to complain about tipping Richmond :hihi

Gee what a boil over.

Gartlett would be handy , but?

Can't rely on sides losing to stay in the 8 though. !

waiting said:
Gee what a boil over.

Gartlett would be handy , but?

Can't rely on sides losing to stay in the 8 though. !

Would've been a different result (and effort) by the Cats if today was the last of R23 and season. We Ninthed too many times like this in the past.

year of the tiger said:
so we finish the round in the 8 - who would have thought
Thought we were gone. I've had to stoop to barracking for Carlton and Melbourne this weekend but it was for our advantage so it was worth it. Now I can go back to disliking them intensely.

Brayshaw is a gun, will be the best player from the draft by some distance. You can't teach football IQ and he has it in spades.

Thanks Pussycats, you're sure to make me feel just a wee bit better now whenever I dredge up from the dark pit of my brain our own ANZAC eve Rabblebourne debacle.

Tigers of Old said:
Seriously who'd bet on football?

The fallout from the compromised draft era is settling. Competition is tightening up again.

The finals gods have smiled on Richmond these past two days.

Still hurts, knowing Tyson rejected us for Melbourne.

bullus_hit said:
Brayshaw is a gun, will be the best player from the draft by some distance. You can't teach football IQ and he has it in spades.

Agree, and team mate Petracca could match him. Let's hope our Coz goes up a few notches next season.

Well coached Roosy, i noticed you had numbers back this week. You're picking this caper up pretty quick :hihi

Tigers of Old said:
Crazy to think the Dees got pick 3 as compo for Frawley.

The biggest blunder will be the Saints picking McCartin, at best he becomes a Jack Darling type, and it's not as though they have a surplus of gun mids.

bullus_hit said:
The biggest blunder will be the Saints picking McCartin, at best he becomes a Jack Darling type, and it's not as though they have a surplus of gun mids.

Generous to McCartin there imo Bully, Darling has consistently kicked goals from his first season, whilst offering great defensive pressure and occasional stints on the ball.

McCartin has looked lethargic even at VFL level and needs a lot of work in the gym. Also offers nothing defensively. Long, long way to go.

Bruce looks like filling that number 1 key forward void for the Saints anyway, and he was an absolute bargain.

bullus_hit said:

But not happy at all with Melbourne's heavily subsidized 'leap up the ladder'. Have they already overtaken us? Beaten us 2014 & 2015. If not already, very likely next year when top-enders Petracca, Brayshaw and other young talent comes on. AFL handouts kept them afloat, then another bag of cash to pay Poosy's megabuck salary. Serious intervention in the balance of the comp. Have we, Saints or Kangas for example, ever received this "assistance?" I predict Dees will become a real source of resentment on PRE if not already if they're playing finals say next year, and we aren't!