Round 10 Game Day Thread V PORT | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 10 Game Day Thread V PORT

So glad we won.

I thought we were the only ones that lost milestone type games (Port's 140th year celebrations or something)

And I also thought we were the only ones creating records.... Port's lowest score ever.... sweet.

Not only a win, but we have some beauties Cotchin is a star, Martin is a packbuster, Delidio is the new general.
Mcguane was fantastic, almost breaking his leg, then the next play spoiling the ball and knocking out of Ebert..
Martin for an 18 year old kid, is going to be a star
Nason must stink, no-one goes near him, he is the Everywhere man.
Well Down to everyone, Stay strong! :clap

Just got home after a long day, footy then a family 4oth, struggled through after a lot of beers at the footy! Great day, poor conditions but our boys played their guts out. Tiges were prepared to make the play and pick the footy up.Port kicked it off the ground and took the easy option. My voice is gone, my wallet is empty - but what a great effort by the yellow and black. SWEET!

I don't usually bet, especially on Richmond games, but I walked past a TAB this morning and for some reason was curious. I didn't know what the weather was like in SA fortunately, otherwise I wouldn't have placed a bet. Tigers to win by over 39.5 points at $17. Plonked $10 on it.

THANK YOU Tiges
;D ;D ;D ;D

Legends of 1980 said:
I don't usually bet, especially on Richmond games, but I walked past a TAB this morning and for some reason was curious. I didn't know what the weather was like in SA fortunately, otherwise I wouldn't have placed a bet. Tigers to win by over 39.5 points at $17. Plonked $10 on it.

THANK YOU Tiges
;D ;D ;D ;D

I did virtually the same thing, although got $16 for a more than 39.5 point win.

Legends of 1980 said:

THANK YOU Tiges
;D ;D ;D ;D
Streak said:
I did virtually the same thing, although got $16 for a more than 39.5 point win.

I hate you both.......

Had been meaning to plonk some on the tiges before I left with the fam to go see some friends ........... forgot ........... spewin' now !!!!!!!!!

It's starting to look like we finally might be getting our drafting right!!

I believe the 2009 Draft will go down as the turning point for the club.

Martin 9 games, Griffiths 1 game, Astbury 6 games, Dea 3 games, Taylor 2 games, Webberley 4 games, Nason 10 games, Robert 2 games, possibly Grimes to maybe get a game later in the year.

I think that you'd have to look hard to find another club that has played all their National Draft picks from the one year in the first 10 games of a season (let alone the whole season) - with all of them showing obvious or some potential to be long term players for the club.

Job well done so far at the recruiting table fellas - amazing what some extra dollars can do.

Loving Cotchin's output over the last 3 weeks, he is really stringing some quality performances together. Will be a tough encounter against the Saints after a short turnaround. Expect there should be a fair crowd at the game next weekas well. Go Tigers!

puregreen said:

Martin 9 games, Griffiths 1 game, Astbury 6 games, Dea 3 games, Taylor 2 games, Webberley 4 games, Nason 10 games, Robert 2 games, possibly Grimes to maybe get a game later in the year.

I think that you'd have to look hard to find another club that has played all their National Draft picks from the one year in the first 10 games of a season (let alone the whole season) - with all of them showing obvious or some potential to be long term players for the club.

Job well done so far at the recruiting table fellas - amazing what some extra dollars can do.

Loving Cotchin's output over the last 3 weeks, he is really stringing some quality performances together. Will be a tough encounter against the Saints after a short turnaround. Expect there should be a fair crowd at the game next weekas well. Go Tigers!

Some would have us believe that we only picked up midgets in this draft.

zippadeee said:
Not only a win, but we have some beauties Cotchin is a star, Martin is a packbuster, Delidio is the new general.
Mcguane was fantastic, almost breaking his leg, then the next play spoiling the ball and knocking out of Ebert..
Martin for an 18 year old kid, is going to be a star
Nason must stink, no-one goes near him, he is the Everywhere man.
Well Down to everyone, Stay strong! :clap

wet dreads would smell pretty ordinary, a cross between wet carpet and wet dog

puregreen said:

I believe it's called 'development'.

three things at the top of my mind:

1. It is so awesome to win after so long.

2. A lot of people seem to be getting carried away. we cannot seriously use today as an indicator of anything. AFL players do not play in today's conditions. We could easily have beaten the cats or pies today and it wouldn't have meant we are better than either team at regular footy (read dry weather footy). We are getting there slowly but surely but today's mud-wrestling played funny-buggers with our hearts. Don't get carried away and think it has suddenly clicked. We will get there eventually but don't be upset if we get a massive flogging next week.

3. see point one. bloody happy!

martyshire said:

2. A lot of people seem to be getting carried away. we cannot seriously use today as an indicator of anything. AFL players do not play in today's conditions. We could easily have beaten the cats or pies today and it wouldn't have meant we are better than either team at regular footy (read dry weather footy). We are getting there slowly but surely but today's mud-wrestling played funny-buggers with our hearts. Don't get carried away and think it has suddenly clicked. We will get there eventually but don't be upset if we get a massive flogging next week.

Thanks for bring us back to earth.

martyshire said:

Happy to say I totally disagree here. AFL is a winter sport that is often played in the wet and always has been. It is only the morons at the AFL who are trying to turn it into an indoor sport so that TV stations will pay more for it... pffft@them I says!

Great win boys... Go Tigers!

If anyone has tracked down a tracker link for the torrent to this game I'd really appreciate a pm.

Great to have a win but, in retrospect, the conditions of the day probably evened us against them for skill & errors.

Credit to the boys for a gutsy performance.

I might hope that it may be defining moment in the team's development.

There may be future ups and downs but each game is a new page in the team's over all progress.

Chocco said:
What a song, well played boys, amazing 4 quarter team effort, not one weak link.

I can feel it, lets all get p!ssed tonight
Agreed. And took your suggestion to heart Chocco. ;D :beer

Phantom said:
Great to have a win but, in retrospect, the conditions of the day probably evened us against them for skill & errors.

agreed, the conditions took all the skill out of the game and it came down to endeavour, which we had loads of. hopefully this is a sign of effort levels displayed for the rest of the season