Round 10 Game Day Thread V PORT | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 10 Game Day Thread V PORT

Perhaps we will look back and say the hawks game was the turning point for this team, after suffering so many big losses. The last 3 games we seem to have the fitness to run out 4 qrts.

Hopefully now for the remainder of the year we can be confident of seeing competitive games with a couple of more wins, the occassional blip, and more progress in the kids.

Mark Williams had an interesting whinge, complining that Richmond "were bigger bodied, esp Tuck and Martin."

When was the last time an AFL coach used this excuse against the Tigers?

It's an interesting point Williams brings up. He's talking through his arse to say that overall Richmond were bigger bodied than his team and to then pick out 2 players, one who's been playing the game for the last 10 or so years and another one who is the exception as far as physical development of young players goes, but I have been noticing since Dimma took over that the players have been putting on muscle more than they ever did when Teflon Terry was in charge. It's similar to when the Hawks were developing, many of their young players muscled up quickly. I think it could be linked to the style of game plan Hardwick favours, that hard tackling, take no prisoners approach, you either muscle up or you can't play it.

TOT70 said:
Mark Williams had an interesting whinge, complining that Richmond "were bigger bodied, esp Tuck and Martin."

*smile*, they were a year older and 3kg heavier on average. Tough as it is to swallow for Choco, his boys didn't want it as much as we did.

TOT70 said:

I'd say Tommy Hafey after our 1980 grand final thrashing of Collingwood ;D :-[

We've waited a bloody long time. That's why it was so great to also see the limited appearance by Griffiths yesterday. He stood out in stature and coordination for such a tall guy. A forward line built around him and JR offers us real hope.

Must also note Gus Graham's effort yesterday. Definitely improving! What we need now is for big Ginger Browne to advance as well.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
*smile*, they were a year older and 3kg heavier on average. Tough as it is to swallow for Choco, his boys didn't want it as much as we did.
Tough line for cocco to pull off given we had 14 players with less than 50 games. If big bad Dustin Martin is too much for the port mids now what's he going to be like when he grows up?

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Tough line for cocco to pull off given we had 14 players with less than 50 games. If big bad Dustin Martin is too much for the port mids now what's he going to be like when he grows up?

If we are big bodied, how will port go against geelong? :eek:

Wow great reading through this thread.

What a win!!!!!

Tiger is starting to show it's claws again.

So happy for Dimma and the lads to get their first win,some players the first win ever in yellow and black!

I went to the Ronnie Johns Comedy Show at The Forum last night proudly wearing my Tiger scarf after watching and celebrating at The London Tavern.

Got a few jibes walking the city which made the win more sweeter,got a few high 5s from Richmond supporters.

Bumped into Saints fans on the train from Richmond to the City.

They were happy for us to have a win also so kudos to all the Sainters on the train. ;D

Here's a great photo:

svHARDWICK-420x0.jpg

Just a really good win. I am floating (no doubt be brought back to earth next week)

everything is good at the moment.

On another note one of this things I did say watching the boys walk off is this is the biggest a Richmond team has been for years.. Imagine when the boys are fully grown!!

evo said:
If anyone has tracked down a tracker link for the torrent to this game I'd really appreciate a pm.

Me too if there's one around. Have checked one AFL site but they have every game but ours.
Hoping someone can put it up from a recording off IQ or similar

Phantom said:
Great to have a win but, in retrospect, the conditions of the day probably evened us against them for skill & errors.

Credit to the boys for a gutsy performance.

I might hope that it may be defining moment in the team's development.

There may be future ups and downs but each game is a new page in the team's over all progress.

A calm and reasoned post against a tide of exuberance and emotion. Makes me wonder how you reacted when you first got laid.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
A calm and reasoned post against a tide of exuberance and emotion. Makes me wonder how you reacted when you first got laid.
Phanto's still patiently waiting for his first Chiang, got a feeling he'll spend some time after carefully analysing all the relevant data before he gets over exuberant ;D.

TigerMasochist said:
Phanto's still patiently waiting for his first Chiang, got a feeling he'll spend some time after carefully analysing all the relevant data before he gets over exuberant ;D.
He'll check his notes first. ;D

K3 said:
Happy to say I totally disagree here. AFL is a winter sport that is often played in the wet and always has been. It is only the morons at the AFL who are trying to turn it into an indoor sport so that TV stations will pay more for it... pffft@them I says!

Great win boys... Go Tigers!

I agree that it SHOULD be a winter sport played in wind, rain, etc. But the fact is you rarely see a game played in yesterday's conditions these days.

I just watched the first half on big pond. High enough resolution to watch full computer screen. The third and fourth quarters are crap res. and I am not watching it small screen. C'mon bigpond, lift your game!

I watched the whole thing on the AFL.com.au Videos section
Wasn't too bad resolution, just a shame it doesn't go completely full screen