Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm

Too many of the same type, through the middle Graham, Ross, Hopper, Prestia.

Tarranto is a great player, but hes also very much in the naturally aspirated diesel engine mould too.

Dion was possibly the best spreader ive ever seen,

But time waits for no person.

Yze will want to win games; but hopefully plan B

Is something like

(Diesel) + (speed) + (an apprentice)

E,g: tarranto, shai, mccaullife

Hopper, danny, sonz

Graham, marlion, steely

Etc

With depth thinning, i hope we get danny and marlion in there and kids on HBf and wing

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Balta needed to stay in the f50, floated down the wing too much leaving us without a target up fwd

I'd say Balta floating up is fine as long as he has an impact, the issue was he was floating up but didn't know where to go

Reactions: 1 user
The midfield is just too slow. The Pies slaughtered us on transition last night. Our mix is all wrong. Too many one paced players.

A big few years ahead at the draft/trade table to get players in who can cover the ground and spread from the contest.

Reactions: 1 users
Pies 23 frees to Tigers 8
it never changes as umps dont pay us the frees others get

Let’s just face it: the other 17 teams are all much better at soliciting free kicks than we are. We just don’t know how to create free kicks like every other team does. We’re the only team doing it all wrong.

Bunch of *** cheats.

You could see how that game last night was gonna go in the first 90 seconds. It’s a consistent application year on year on year. The numbers don’t lie. They’re outrageous. But of course nobody wants to talk about it. No public criticising of the umpires. No suggestion of what’s a blatant and clear bias. No questions. Don’t raise it.

The media and game callers can pump out a bazillion stats during and after a game and analyse them to death, but let’s not talk about the massive free kick imbalance that happens to Richmond in every game, every year. It’s not a small difference. It’s huge in most games.

Shhhhhhhhh.

Reactions: 15 users
I'm not watching tonight, but I'm not worried.

It's going to take some time for our new style to click. Most new coaches start off slow at their clubs. Hardwick lost 11 straight didn't he?

Nothing matters in February.
Difference is back then we had a young fresh core group of really good kids in Dusty/Cotch/Jack/Rance/Lids.
Today i can only put Shai & Gibcus in that category.

Too many of the same type, through the middle Graham, Ross, Hopper, Prestia.

Need pace and foots kills out wide. Weapons who cut the opposition up by hand and foot ...................
absolutely C. we looked heavy - like an old steam train chugging into the station ...

get the fleet of foot in there - for balance

and i thought the amount of nowhere handballs last night was comical ..

Reactions: 3 users
Collingwood were a class above. Skill and intense pressure. Very impressive. We were slow at the contest, no burst - always under pressure. A valid criticism (at the time) of recruiting Taranto and Hopper was they are not fast. Our ageing legend Dusty has lost his burst. Prestia has slowed down. Dow is just a role player a 5th or 6th mid at best. Long transitional year ahead. Be interesting to see what Yze does with team selection. At least we have a solid draft hand.

Difference is back then we had a young fresh core group of really good kids in Dusty/Cotch/Jack/Rance/Lids.
Dow could be something useful, McCauliffe just needs to be blooded immediately, no point waiting IMO.

Shai needs to play midfield minutes. Not sure about Hopper. Trade on again and pay some salary?

put their father sons in our team, and the result would be reversed

brownlow favourite, captain, bnf - 3 guns for peanuts is a massive windfall

I reckon Lefau is going to be a victim of the never ending war on Richmond by the AFL and the umpires.

He will only need to stand within 2 metres of a player from the other team to give away a free kick.

• Sad
Dow could be something useful, McCauliffe just needs to be blooded immediately, no point waiting IMO.

Shai needs to play midfield minutes. Not sure about Hopper. Trade on again and pay some salary?
We need top end talent.
look at the premiers over the last 6yrs:
Dogs-Bont/Libba/McCrae/Dunkley
Eagles-Kennedy/Hurn/McGovern/LeCras/Yeo
Dees-Oliver/Petracca/Gawn/Brayshaw/Pickett/Jackson
Cats-Danger/Cameron/Hawkins/Selwood
Pies-Daicos/De Goey/Moore/Pendlebury/Sidebottom/Elliott.

We have a long painful way to go.Very similar to the Hawks.

Too super fit....
Embrassing how fit.
We didn't last 20 minutes..
This 2024 version of AFL.
Is Rugby with speed .get the ball deep and then run Like the clappers to get forward.

As soon as they get it, they either go immediately full tilt or the kick short (we would be called to play on,' no 15)
Another thing I noticed, they ALL get heaps of time to move the ball
Where we get called immediately to play on.

They aren't the super kicking side the commentators brag about.
But they move in waves and its non stop.
If 1 fks up, some is there to sweep it up.
Same in the 2's 1 Richmond player vs 2 or 3 Collingwood players at nearly every contest.
At times they looked like the had an extra defender and am extra foward.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not claiming we're at the start of a Dynasty. I'm simply saying that it takes a while for a new coaches plan to be understood by the players and for it to be executed consistently and under pressure.
If people expect us to be a well-oiled machine come round 0, they're setting themselves up for disappointment.
Even if the machine gets to well oiled status, you have to have the cattle. Given the lack of playing time we've given to our kids over the past few years, generally they're going to need 50-60 games to become consistent AFL players. Maybe we've got some more Dows hidden away. He would have been almost unanimously delisted by PRE in 2023. But now he looks like an integral cog in our plan this year. Maybe we have some more Danny Meyers though, and after 30 games we'll be creatinga new opportunity. Who knows until they get some games under their belt.

Reactions: 5 users
Kane cornes highlight.
Its work rate. Shultz runs over 100m in 19 seconds to kick a goal.
We had that hunger, we don't anymore.
Prestia, Graham Hopper and Ross aren't made for 2024 AFL.
If you can't run and fast for long periods, your not going to make it.Screenshot_20240228_095422_Samsung Internet.jpg