Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm

Ross and Dow are dog hungry, they want it more than a few of the bigger named players. It's time that the match committee showed more confidence in them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Balta up forward is just not going to work. Anyway good hit out tonight. If we kick straight not as bad as it looked.

Reactions: 2 users
Balta up forward is just not going to work. Anyway good hit out tonight. If we kick straight not as bad as it looked.
It looked really bad.
The result means shitt, the desire and attitude of some of the players were embarrassing.
And Yes the Balta experiment is and was always destined for failure.
Dead set defender with the ability to go into the ruck.
He hasn't got the brains to play foward..rushes when needs to slow down, goes to pass when he can take the shot.
He isn't a foward

Maybe try Gibcus up forward and put Balta back. Balta looks out of sorts up there.

Reactions: 1 user
Where did balta disappear to during the 2nd & 3rd quarters?

Felt like I didn't see him at all. Guess he was trying to play further up the ground and kept getting caught in the middle?

And I know Shai is good but it frustrates me so much that everyone acts like he's a superstar when he misses more shots at goal then he kicks. He doesn't even have the excuse of being the Role Player small forward like Castanga. He's never been accurate enough to be the kind of superstar small forward that we all want him to be and the sooner we accept that the better

First quarter was great. High pressure in forward line. If we had kicked straight game should have been over.
Nah, Collingwood can play a full 4 quarters, even if we did kick straight with how slow we looked at the end they would have ran us over.

A few years ago we played them in a practice match & won by 10 goals. McRae had just taken over as their coach. He remarked after that game something like " they've been married for years & we're on our first date" The situation is now reversed. Its very early days, don't get sucked into thinking anything other than it's a 1st real practice match.

Reactions: 16 users
I reckon that game is perfect for Yze to analyse and work on the flaws he would learn more from that heaps.

Reactions: 7 users
They moved the ball much quicker with better skilled players. It looked like a game where the reigning premiers played the team that finished 13th. They are very well drilled with much better players, and are in the premiership window. We are nowhere near the premiership window. I think we all knew that, but we’re hoping for the miracle.

My gut feel before the season even started was bottom 3rd of the ladder.

I still feel the same

Reactions: 4 users
A few years ago we played them in a practice match & won by 10 goals. McRae had just taken over as their coach. He remarked after that game something like " they've been married for years & we're on our first date" The situation is now reversed. Its very early days, don't get sucked into thinking anything other than it's a 1st real practice match.
Wasn’t a practice match. Was a home and away game in 2022.

A few of the same old crew have the same flaws. They need to be weaned out of the best 22 simple as that

He said that after lynch kicked 6 before half time on moore, it was a home and away game. They were booing Moore at Half time callimg out for him to stay off the ground.
They were shiit. But the week after they lost to Footscary and looked lost. But after that game they went to play freo at Optus and ollie Henry kicked 4 after coming on as sub.
That started there run.
They have lost 8 games since that Richmond loss

They lost 3 games after losing to us in 2022
And they lost 5 games last year.
What a turn around with basically the same side

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I think Collingwood played some of the best wide switch plays I have seen in a long time

He said that after lynch kicked 6 before half time on moore, it was a home and away game. They were booing Moore at Half time callimg out for him to stay off the ground.
They were shiit. But the week after they went to play freo at Optus and ollie Henry kicked 4 after coming on as sub.
That started there run.
I heard they have lost 8 games since that Richmond loss
And won 20 by about 5 points!

Reactions: 2 users