Richmond is the ugly guy at the bar | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond is the ugly guy at the bar

If When we win this week, I'm confident of making it to the prelim. There anything can happen.

Ridley said:
This is it. The football world still does not trust Richmond and will not trust them until they show they can cut it in September. I detect and under current of hostility towards us; most are really waiting for us to fail so they can stick the boots in. They are there but they won't admit it. It's like they don't want to admit that we have a good team and may just cause some damage in September.

There is only one way to change this; win finals. A loss this week will have the hordes pointing the finger at "the same old Richmond".

When we start to win finals I think we will become a destination club. No time like the present Tigers!!

Yep. It takes more than 3 or 4 seasons to wipe out the memory and perception of 30 years of incompetence and stupidity. We're getting there. We're also witnessing paradox, a dilemma. Part of our history of stupidity has involved losing our heads and overpaying for a messiah. We've changed that., We would have a rational framework and approach when recruiting players, whether stars of footsoldiers, which we'd stick to. We still can go 'all in' as we did on Fyfe, but we don't overpay, lose our head or upset list balance. I'm happy with the overall approach.

ARCHYBOY said:
Excuse me for just a moment guys, if anyone thinks that $666,000 a year was the offer from the Pies, they are dreaming.
If anyone thinks they will get him for the Pies first pick and Witts they are dreaming.
I believe we offered a package with incentives, Pies went straight out unconditional. Don't be surprised if the deal is the Pies first 2 picks this year plus Witts for Trelor and GWS third pick / seconds player.
This^.

At a minimum Collingwood will have to cough up 2 first round draft picks. We have set the bar in terms of the 'best' offer to GWS.

Didn't Buck's coach him at the academy? If so that might have got deal over the line. Hate Collingwood/Bucks and jealous they got him, the kid is a gun!

brucerfc said:
Didn't Buck's coach him at the academy? If so that might have got deal over the line. Hate Collingwood/Bucks and jealous they got him, the kid is a gun!

Vic Metro wasn't it?

Anyway, would have thought historical exposure to Figjam would have had the opposite effect

which messiah did we overpay for, last was browny and he was fair market value, i cant remember before this which super star we got.

The club was originally stuffed for over paying for players back in the day. If I remember, Philip Walsh, John Anneal, Craig Stewart.......... It took us 30 years to get over that period of overpayment.

I take my hat of to the club they set their parameters and stick to them whether its a B grader or an A grader.

I don't want to rock the boat as some suggest if it destabilises us in the future. Grow your own suits fine, if they come at our price and fit in great if they don't stiff.

jokershoppe said:
which messiah did we overpay for, last was browny and he was fair market value, i cant remember before this which super star we got.

Ben Holland.....

Mappa said:
The club was originally stuffed for over paying for players back in the day. If I remember, Philip Walsh, John Anneal, Craig Stewart.......... It took us 30 years to get over that period of overpayment.

I take my hat of to the club they set their parameters and stick to them whether its a B grader or an A grader.

I don't want to rock the boat as some suggest if it destabilises us in the future. Grow your own suits fine, if they come at our price and fit in great if they don't stiff.
That was during the days of the player war with Collingwood. It was a stupid thing to do, and yes it really did set us back. I tend to agree with the grow your own philosophy and when the success comes, and it will, they'll be lining up to come to the club and we can do as we want in terms of looking at them or not.

Seems like we're not the ugly guy at the bar, we're a ladies best friend.

We seem to start out on top and end up coming second.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Harvey Bennell just walked into the bar.
Collingwood just left with its arm around Treloar.
Richmond pretended it didn't notice, and ordered another drink.
Security just lit a cigarette.

class :)

We need to look out for a tall, beastly woman of about 24 years of age, with or without a mullet; and a short fast lady who can read the drop of the ball and finish.