Richmond is the ugly guy at the bar | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond is the ugly guy at the bar

zippadeee said:
It's like going to an auction to buy your dream home, and you always get out bided.
Didn't care about greenwood
Didn't care about Taylor
But this one hurts..

Yep. 666k a year. And, possibly, for pick 8 and Witts. It's a bargain.

evo said:
more like the tightarse Scotsman.

"I'll 'ave half"

(showing my age)

The fact that we might not go quite as high as Collingwood doesn;t make us tightarses. Its not all or nothing.

Harvey Bennell just walked into the bar.
Collingwood just left with its arm around Treloar.
Richmond pretended it didn't notice, and ordered another drink.
Security just lit a cigarette.

DirtyDogTiger said:

And then Dan budded it out :hihi

DirtyDogTiger said:

You're in good nick, DDT. :hihi

DirtyDogTiger said:

:cupgold

If you don't want to come to Richmond, then fine don't come, we don't want you.

It's the tiger way or the highway.

Let them chase the big coin which apparently Collingwood seems to have a lot of.

Although Adams and Trealor are decent players from what we can see. Miles in my opinion currently has more to offer us.

We would be doing our best to attract a few players but if its all about money, then really why would we bother.

I want Tiger committed players, playing for success, each other, the coach and the fans.

We have some good kids already and with Knights, Newy, Petterd, Foley retiring we have a chance to top up and a few Senior Listed Players that must be considered to be trade.

As much I would love a few of these players in the yellow and black, I'm not heartbroken when they don't come.

The names Ellis, Lambert, Drummond, McBean, Lennon, Menadue keep me satisfied

THis is purely a money issue plain and simple.

He went to the club that paid him the most money.

Its not about finals, because we are in them and they are not.

Its not about playing in big crowds because our crowds are bigger than theirs.

This is purely a money decision, there is no other reason

nikolasmia said:
THis is purely a money issue plain and simple.

He went to the club that paid him the most money.

Its not about finals, because we are in them and they are not.

Its not about playing in big crowds because our crowds are bigger than theirs.

This is purely a money decision, there is no other reason

How much did both clubs offer him? Did we even make an offer?

It makes you wonder how much "money" they are being offered. Officially we may be offering similar money but what about the unofficial inducements?

yandb said:
It makes you wonder how much "money" they are being offered. Officially we may be offering similar money but what about the unofficial inducements?
Might be time to get nut Casey back! :D

So we miss out on a good mid. It's a bloody mobile ruckman and small forward that we need to really have a crack.

First things first. North Sunday a Semi Final up the road v Swans the next for a shot in a prelim.

Time to throw the money around, we should have heaps after missing on Treloar, more than enough for Kruezer, for once we might have to over pay. It seems funny that 12 months ago we were possibly linked to Dangerfield, haven't heard much on that since. Could all this be a smokescreen ?

Excuse me for just a moment guys, if anyone thinks that $666,000 a year was the offer from the Pies, they are dreaming.
If anyone thinks they will get him for the Pies first pick and Witts they are dreaming.
I believe we offered a package with incentives, Pies went straight out unconditional. Don't be surprised if the deal is the Pies first 2 picks this year plus Witts for Trelor and GWS third pick / seconds player.

DirtyDogTiger said:

Play it, Sam.

If we win on Sunday maybe Miles should have a little meeting with his old team mate and ask him what he really wants to be remembered for. As a Premiership winning mid fielder, or as the bloke who took the money, but played for a side that never really made the grade.

CarnTheTiges said:
or as the bloke who took the money, but played for a side that never really made the grade.

Well, he is following Buckley

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Things can change if we win a couple of finals and prove we're not far away. We're still a joke to many, until Sunday at least. Over to the team...

agree with this, god help us if we lose sunday once again be the laughing stock.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Things can change if we win a couple of finals and prove we're not far away. We're still a joke to many, until Sunday at least. Over to the team...

This is it. The football world still does not trust Richmond and will not trust them until they show they can cut it in September. I detect and under current of hostility towards us; most are really waiting for us to fail so they can stick the boots in. They are there but they won't admit it. It's like they don't want to admit that we have a good team and may just cause some damage in September.

There is only one way to change this; win finals. A loss this week will have the hordes pointing the finger at "the same old Richmond".

When we start to win finals I think we will become a destination club. No time like the present Tigers!!