Richmond is the ugly guy at the bar | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond is the ugly guy at the bar

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
With Treloar choosing the Madpies, is Richmond the ugly guy at the bar constantly being knocked by the glamours. we have made plays for Hanneberry, Motlop, Treloar, Tyson, Adams, Greenwood and have been rejected.

is it time to change our approach? should we be trying to pick up more B graders and forget about the A graders?

more like the tightarse Scotsman.

"I'll 'ave half"

(showing my age)

more like the sensible Chinese property investor, never paying overs, unless its for his daughter (I could be making that up)

Well we will never build a premiership until we top up our list, it's like trying to win a ice cream competition with only ice cream because we won't pay for the chocolate dip! Guess who wins.

As for the a grade vs b graders, our current team relies on b graders that have come good for us, Grigg, bachar , Ivan ..

Our a graders are home grown & we've got more growing.

jokershoppe said:
Well we will never build a premiership until we top up our list, it's like trying to win a ice cream competition with only ice cream because we won't pay for the chocolate dip! Guess who wins.

... the ice-cream man who doesn't need choc-dip or a competition to sell his product !

TigerForce said:
(I can't believe this show is still on air at certain channels)

You gotta love it. In this world of political correctness gone mad there is no way they would make shows like that anymore.

TOT70 said:
Maybe he just chose the club where he thinks he can get a game?

There's a bit of that going here too I reckon Tottie.
He'll be the face of the Pies.
There's a reason we smashed them by 85 points this year, because Pendles and an aging Swan aside they're well short on A grade talent.
We're not.

Any time Collingwood are chasing a player from now on.
Please step aside Richmond.
We cop enough crap, we don't need more.

It's like going to an auction to buy your dream home, and you always get out bided.
Didn't care about greenwood
Didn't care about Taylor
But this one hurts..

Broders said:
You gotta love it. In this world of political correctness gone mad there is no way they would make shows like that anymore.

They probably used it as a reverse psychology to expose racism and make people learn about it. Not sure it's worked though....but that's for another thread.

Things can change if we win a couple of finals and prove we're not far away. We're still a joke to many, until Sunday at least. Over to the team...