R15 v The Blues / team changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 v The Blues / team changes

Can only see forced changes and there could be 3 depending on suspensions. Griffiths has to be McBean, Maric has to be Hampson and Cotchin, no real midfielders left to choose from so I'd like to see McD get a go (to early for Knights).

In:18.10
Out:10.18

In:another Dusty blitz, 35 touches, 3 goals, 3 Brownlow votes
Out:Carltank's hopes of an upset win

Assuming better/good/acceptable performances at North Ballarat & the MRP loving us as much as yesterday's umpires:-
In: Hampson, McBean, two of Lloyd/McDonough/Menadue/C.Ellis/Morris
Out: Maric(susp), Cotchin(susp), Griffiths(inj), Hunt

ps would prefer Jayden Short to be promoted and debut if he does well today, but I can't see it happening

Reckon Carlton will struggle after 2 games on the concrete at Etihad. And 2 x 6 day breaks. I work with a Carlton players father and he says they will be doing almost zero training this week because of the recovery needs. Don't give them a sniff tigers.

If Maric and Griffo miss and with Hampson not playing today, Mcbean and Astbury would probably come in.
Astbury to play forward, with Vickery and McBean to share the ruck and forward duties.

Surely Newman 12 disposals, Hunt 9 and Lambert 8 possies have to be in line to be dropped.
I Like Lambert but 2 average games = back to ressies.
Newy lucky to get promoted in the first place when he had an average game in the 2'nds a few weeks back against Footscray.
Hunt well let's just say it's got to the point where he is being gifted games.
For a player with his running ability doesn't do enough and looks scared out there.
Macintosh only played a qtr and a bit had 9 disposals and gave us run.

Lennon, McDonough and Arnot just to name a few have been hard done by, they've had good games in the ressies and not rewarded....

AstuteTiger said:
Surely Newman 12 disposals, Hunt 9 and Lambert 8 possies have to be in line to be dropped.
Newy lucky to get promoted in the first place when he had an average game in the 2'nds a few weeks back against Footscray.
For a player with his running ability doesn't do enough and looks scared out there.

Lennon, McDonough and Arnot just to name a few have been hard done by, they've had good games in the ressies and not rewarded....

You want to drop blokes from a side that's won 5 from 6 and replace them with guys in a VFL team that sits second last on the ladder.

antman said:
You want to drop blokes from a side that's won 5 from 6 and replace them with guys in a VFL team that sits second last on the ladder.

So what if we've won does that entitle players who aren't performing a free ride to stay in the side.
Ur logic is flawed just cause they are near the bottom doesn't mean certain players can't get their chance to get a senior gig if they are playing well....
McBean kicked 4 today surely he gets looked at at the selection table for this coming weeks game V the blues....

AstuteTiger said:

Was with you there for a bit until you mentioned Arnot!!

Seriously though, there won't be any change unless they are forced into it. Potentially may change Griff anyway for a small if its wet this week as we looked so much better in the final quarter without such a tall lineup.

Personally think we may have to bring someone in for Maric but hoping they see it as careless contact to the head and low impact hence $1500 fine but reckon he may get 1 week. I'd be surprised and very disappointed if Cotch gets rubbed out. They paid the 50 correctly, there is no need to rub him out for that.

AstuteTiger said:
So what if we've won does that entitle players who aren't performing a free ride to stay in the side.
Ur logic is flawed just cause they are near the bottom doesn't mean certain players can't get their chance to get a senior gig if they are playing well....
McBean kicked 4 today surely he gets looked at at the selection table for this coming weeks game V the blues....

Yeah McBean will, particularly if Griffith is out with the dud shoulder.

antman said:

Think you said something similar before they rightfully dropped Morris

mrposhman said:
Was with you there for a bit until you mentioned Arnot!!

Seriously though, there won't be any change unless they are forced into it. Potentially may change Griff anyway for a small if its wet this week as we looked so much better in the final quarter without such a tall lineup.

Personally think we may have to bring someone in for Maric but hoping they see it as careless contact to the head and low impact hence $1500 fine but reckon he may get 1 week. I'd be surprised and very disappointed if Cotch gets rubbed out. They paid the 50 correctly, there is no need to rub him out for that.

Mate I just think he needs a run of 3-4 games cause a decision needs to be made on Arnot at years end, looking more than likely he won't get another gig but he's had decent games but not rewarded.

100% need only 2 talls in wet weather said it yesterday we went to tall in our fwd line, another runner ie: McDonough should've came in...
Maric could go 50/50, hoping like mad that cotchin gets the all clear which I think he should.

jb03 said:
Think you said something similar before they rightfully dropped Morris

Probably did, but dropping that many guys from a winning team is not going to happen. Injury and suspension will mostly dictate when we change personnel.

The AFL/VFL need to do more to work on VFL fixturing. For Richmond VFL to play today when the AFL team plays on Friday night is just plain stupid. There is no reason why our VFL game couldn't have been yesterday

From what I have heard there were 3-4 players who played half games today at Ballarat because if this, I guess as insurance for injury and suspension.

Poor organisation imo.

From VFL reports Dea and McBean are pressing hard for selection. Donut only played half a game. IMO only injury or suspension will be the reason for any change otherwise Dimma will keep it as it is whatever we think

UKTiger said:
From VFL reports Dea and McBean are pressing hard for selection. Donut only played half a game. IMO only injury or suspension will be the reason for any change otherwise Dimma will keep it as it is whatever we think

Madonna played half a game and got in the bests - hopefully he gets a chance soon.

9 rounds out and it is basically 6 teams fighting for 4 spots in 8. Pies Tigers Cats Adel GWS and Dogs. Hawks, Eagles Freo and Swans are already locked and the other teams are too far back.

I find this a strange topic because when you look at the VFL side there isn't a lot of talent there maybe Mc Donut

pervian said:
I find this a strange topic because when you look at the VFL side there isn't a lot of talent there maybe Mc Donut

Yeah. I think most of the people shrieking for change haven't actually watched the VFL side much.

McDoodle's the interesting one. Clearly talented, kicks goals, but clearly is on the nose for some reason. I tend to accept the selection panel's feelings on these things even though it's a FARCE.

I reckon Beano will get a run this week. Maybe he'll finally kick a goal in the AFL, Lamby reckons it's easier to do there than in the VFL so hopefully he'll kick at least 6 since he kicked four in Ballarat. :hihi