Prime Minister Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prime Minister Poll

Would you like this man to be our next Prime Minister?

• No

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • A cheese sandwich would be a better option

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
U2Tigers said:
Have a look at 3 of the last 4 threads on here, they all are negative against Abbot.

Piffle. Your maths are a bit out. Anyway people are as free to post positive things about Abbott as others are to post negatives. Everyone has the freedom to vote how they wish to on the poll.

I think Abbott is a sexist, homophobic, boorish thug based on his public behaviour and comments. And they are probably his good points. :rofl

I posted some negatives. How about you share you're feelings on them? What do you think of Tony';s confession he feels threatened by homosexuals? What do you think of him stereotyping women as being at home doing the ironing? What do you think of him referring to a woman (or anyone for that matter) as a "thing"? What do you think of his violence thumping the walls at the side of someone's, in this case a woman's, head?

You are welcome to share Tony's positives here or even start a thread yourself.

Tigers of Old said:
Gillard is merely incompetent, Abbott scares me.

This, and many times this.

If the Libs changed leader I wouldn't hesitate to do my bit to kick the incumban or the door. But when the alternative leader is on a par with what Pauline Hanson would be like as a PM then it's difficult to know what do.

rosy23 said:
Piffle. Your maths are a bit out. Anyway people are as free to post positive things about Abbott as others are to post negatives. Everyone has the freedom to vote how they wish to on the poll.

I think Abbott is a sexist, homophobic, boorish thug based on his public behaviour and comments. And they are probably his good points. :rofl

I posted some negatives. How about you share you're feelings on them? What do you think of Tony';s confession he feels threatened by homosexuals? What do you think of him stereotyping women as being at home doing the ironing? What do you think of him referring to a woman (or anyone for that matter) as a "thing"? What do you think of his violence thumping the walls at the side of someone's, in this case a woman's, head?

I was good at maths.

hmmmmm

This thread = 1

The Abbot and Carlton Supporters = 2

The Palmer/Rhinehart thread = 3

Thats 3 out of 4

the 4th being the unions thread.

U2Tigers said:
I was good at maths.

hmmmmm

This thread = 1

The Abbot and Carlton Supporters = 2

The Palmer/Rhinehart thread = 3

Thats 3 out of 4

the 4th being the unions thread.

Oh so you count each thread that has a mention of Tony even if he isn't the topic of discussion? If there are so many, although I think you're clutching at straws, maybe there are reasons. Care to answer the questions I asked or are you just happy to take pot shots at others for sharing their opinions rather than actually sharing your own?

rosy23 said:

Do I think Tonys a great bloke - no not really.

I did like how he handled the community debates a couple of years ago in regards to the carbon tax though. Came across as a strong leader then.

Do I think hes a strong leader now - no - Do I think there is better leaders in the coalition - Yes and I honestly can't wait till Mal Brough gets back to parliment. fingers crossed.

Do I think he may be ill advised sometimes. Yes.

Is the sexist stuff now concerning, yes it is.

But would the Coalition be a better government with or wothout Abbot as the leader . 100% yes it would.

rosy23 said:
Oh so you count each thread that has a mention of Tony even if he isn't the topic of discussion? If there are so many, although I think you're clutching at straws, maybe there are reasons. Care to answer the questions I asked or are you just happy to take pot shots at others for sharing their opinions rather than actually sharing your own?

I do count that one. The initial post in that thread had a big dig at Abbot, so yes definately counts in my book.

Look at the last few days, a hell of a lot of opinions from me.

You just continue to take potshots at me.

pot this is kettle.

rosy23 said:

C'mon Rosy....you voted Rudd back in '07 and he was more sexist than Abbott is perceived:

Remember the air-hostess he made cry because she didn't bring him a meat-free meal:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/kevin-rudd-apologises-for-air-hostess-blast-20090403-9lbp.html

The spat with Kenneally:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/angry-rudd-snaps-at-keneally-in-health-war/story-e6freuy9-1225840201898

Or the one where he thought women should just have babies:
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/dont-be-rattled-by-the-baby-guilt-trip-20100214-nzb9.html

At least Abbott has this plan for women:
http://blog.abn.org.au/grow-your-business/tony-abbott-wooing-women-voters-with-%E2%80%9Cnanny-plan%E2%80%9D

Baloo said:
This, and many times this.

If the Libs changed leader I wouldn't hesitate to do my bit to kick the incumban or the door. But when the alternative leader is on a par with what Pauline Hanson would be like as a PM then it's difficult to know what do.
I agree with this sentiment as well - if Malcolm Turnbull was leader, I'd have no hesitation in chucking out Gillard. However, with Abbott as leader, I could not possibly vote for the Coalition. Everything he does is calculated to destroy Labor, but we see very few positive ideas about where he wants to take Australia.

U2Tigers said:
Look at the last few days, a hell of a lot of opinions from me.

I can't see too many that relate to this thread topic which you rolled your eyes about. This was meant to be what people though of Abbott as a person to be our head rather than Liberal or Labor policies.

Tigers of Old said:
Gillard is merely incompetent, Abbott scares me.

While I am not a "rusted on" Labor voter I don't really understand the incompetent charge. In a hung parliament and completely against the tide she has got a deal with the miners over the MRRT, she got a deal with the independents, she has implemented a carbon pricing scheme, she has unstuck the parliament on asylum seekers....I think the incompetent charge has more to with perception than reality. I think she is badly advised in terms of presentation and language.....you know....the vibe of the thing. She is more than competent, she is a real "get it done" type. If she were as incompetent as many seem to think the government would have bogged down two years ago and we would have had a double dissolution election by now.

Abbott is not the greater of two evils, he is just a dinosaur with a megaphone and tie that looks more like a restraint than an embellishment.

I live in one of the most pro-active Labour towns in Australia and i'm voting Liberal next time around!

KnightersRevenge said:
...I think the incompetent charge has more to with perception than reality. I think she is badly advised in terms of presentation and language.....you know....the vibe of the thing.

Unfortunately perception is reality to most.

Her giggling while with Obama didn't help things. And if she's being advised badly, after all this time in the top job, it shows the ALP, her party, are incompetent. If the party, of which she is the leader, can't turn the debate around to show just how bad Abbott is, then her party, the one she leads, is in pretty bad shape.

They might be good at policy but to be a good government these days you need to be as effective at selling your message as you are delivering it.

U2Tigers said:
The carbon Tax. we all know what happened there.

The boat people saga - have we seen more changing of policy ever, and they still can't get it right. Oh but its the oppositions fault that one.

NBN - how much has it blown out by now? ( i do admit I don't understand what the best option is though ) but it has blown out already.

Her work with the Greens and independents. She was in a hard situation, but geez, some questionable moves by all parties.

Her standing down the speaker, all seems dodgy to me but hey it was a masterstroke, but was she honest at the time?

theres more, and this is all just my opinion, and I'm not going to find facts and figures, as I don't have the time to do so.

The carbon tax backflip has been her biggest credibility problem without doubt. Most of the rest of it is peripheral issues but that did her a lot of damage.

Baloo said:
They might be good at policy but to be a good government these days you need to be as effective at selling your message as you are delivering it.

Agree that the government's inability to land body blows on Abbott and sell their economic credentials despite Australia's global standing has been poor.

U2Tigers said:
To answer though hes better then the current leader (IMO)

no he's not. and thats saying something. abbott scares the hell out of me.

Tigers of Old said:
Abbott concerns me because I think he is holding an awful lot back until he gets into power.
Detail of his policies to date have been nigh on non existent, just negative rollbacks of Labor's (albeit poorly attempted) initiatives.
I'm not going to vote for someone who I can't trust and Abbott seems like a bigger liar than Gillard IMO.
Worst of two evils. I consider myself a swing voter but cannot bring myself to vote Liberal whilst he is leader. Find the thought of him as PM abhorrent.

spot on TOO. he's saying as little as he can, but once he gets into power, it's on. he will have a huge majority in both houses and shocking conservative policies like workchoices will be back... and this time there will be nothing we can do about it.

KnightersRevenge said:
While I am not a "rusted on" Labor voter I don't really understand the incompetent charge. In a hung parliament and completely against the tide she has got a deal with the miners over the MRRT, she got a deal with the independents, she has implemented a carbon pricing scheme, she has unstuck the parliament on asylum seekers....I think the incompetent charge has more to with perception than reality. I think she is badly advised in terms of presentation and language.....you know....the vibe of the thing. She is more than competent, she is a real "get it done" type. If she were as incompetent as many seem to think the government would have bogged down two years ago and we would have had a double dissolution election by now.

good post. i will state that i am not a gillard fan and am against the carbon tax, but i respect her for sticking to her guns and getting the job done as best she can under a difficult minority government.

Liverpool said:
C'mon Rosy....you voted Rudd back in '07 and he was more sexist than Abbott is perceived:

Rudd was more sexist in/prior to 2007 than Abbott is "perceived" to be now? I wasn't aware of that at the time I voted. Do you have any evidence of that? Did he show a tendency towards being a physically violent thug towards a woman too?

rosy23 said:
Rudd was more sexist in/prior to 2007 than Abbott is "perceived" to be now? I wasn't aware of that at the time I voted. Do you have any evidence of that? Did he show a tendency towards being a physically violent thug towards a woman too?

So a woman claims he hit a wall near her...a self-admitted ALP member who was "nearby but didn't see the incident" believes this woman.
This incident has only surfaced now, 35 years after it allegedly happened.
We have no evidence of anything that happened then or anything violent against women since.

And you class him as a "physically violent thug" as a result and vow not to vote for him.

How about Abbott's policies that are more favourable for women (see previous post with link) than anything the ALP have come up with....you don't want to cast your vote on this more than an unproven incident that happened 35 years ago?

Tigers of Old said:
Didn't stop the Libs dragging Gillard's past through the mud recently Livers.

I never commented on here about that as I thought it was a waste of time.

Its better to drag Gillards current policies and job as a PM and the joke of a party she runs now through the mud rather than something that happened years ago.

Waste of time.