Prime Minister Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prime Minister Poll

Would you like this man to be our next Prime Minister?

• No

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • A cheese sandwich would be a better option

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Brodders17 said:
Abbott did not say "greater issues at home". i was asking what his point was.

HIS point is the same...that Gillard should be talking to Indonesia and having greater dialogue with them, obviously as he feels there are greater issues closer to home to deal with rather than ego-trips.

Brodders17 said:
so being on the security council could help our relationship with indonesia? and any other country we go into bat for? doesnt sound like a bad idea.

I didn't say that at all.
Its only going to help our relationship with Indonesia and other countries when we side with them on the UNSC.
By being on the UNSC then our views will be laid bare and will most likely at times put certain parties offside.
By NOT being on the UNSC, we can keep our cards close to our chest and deal with countries individually as we see fit.

For example, if China and Japan (both important trade partners) have issues between them...currently, we can discuss and more or less be a 'moderator' between them without damaging our own status with them.
Being part of the UNSC, our views will be in the public arena and we will be expected to vote and take sides on issues. This could potentially cause some friction if we are seen to be siding with one over the other.

Liverpool said:
HIS point is the same...that Gillard should be talking to Indonesia and having greater dialogue with them

so rather than being in NY (where SBY is), and having a meeting with him (as they are are doing in NY), Gillard should be in Jakarta as Abbott suggested?

Brodders17 said:
so rather than being in NY (where SBY is), and having a meeting with him (as they are are doing in NY), Gillard should be in Jakarta as Abbott suggested?

:help

Liverpool said:
I simply said "greater issues at home"...so I don't care whether these issues are looked into in Canberra, Jakarta, or New York...

Brodders17 said:
again, i am asking what Abbott's point was. not yours.

For the last time Brodders... ::)

Liverpool said:
HIS point is the same...that Gillard should be talking to Indonesia and having greater dialogue with them, obviously as he feels there are greater issues closer to home to deal with rather than ego-trips.
Liverpool said:
I don't care whether these issues are looked into in Canberra, Jakarta, or New York...

Liverpool said:
For the last time Brodders... ::)

aah. thanks. now i get it.
when Abbott said Gillard should be in Indonesia talking to SBY he actually meant she should be anywhere NY doing something other than talking to world leaders. silly me thought he actually meant she should be in indo talking to SBY. no wonder i was confused.

i mite get to explain future things that Abbott says that dont seem to make sense.

U2Tigers said:
SBY wanted to meet with Rudd, says a bit about Julia.

719420-julia-gillard-with-sby.jpg

U2Tigers said:
SBY wanted to meet with Rudd, says a bit about Julia.

And here I was thinking you believe that it's the party that should be looked at, not the leader.

I do vote for a party. Just saw the article in The Australian.

Oops I forgot this is only an Abbott bashing forum:)

U2Tigers said:

You presented an idea that SBY favoured Rudd, (you didn't mention the article in The Australian initially) the opposite position was presented using some photos. I don't think having the opposite opinion to someone means anyone is "bashing".

U2Tigers said:

Dude, you claimed that SBY didn't want to meet Gillard when he was happy to meet Rudd. YOU WERE WRONG.

That's not even an opinion. That's a fact. Man up and accept it.

antman said:
Dude, you claimed that SBY didn't want to meet Gillard when he was happy to meet Rudd. YOU WERE WRONG.

That's not even an opinion. That's a fact. Man up and accept it.

Fair enough. If I wasn't on I phone I would have posted a link to the story.

All good

I think it is interesting that Tony Abbott has chosen use his "secret weapon" to try to dispel suggestions of misogyny. Wouldn't it be simpler to just start treating the PM and acting speaker with some respect and lift the level of discourse?

KnightersRevenge said:
I think it is interesting that Tony Abbott has chosen use his "secret weapon" to try to dispel suggestions of misogyny. Wouldn't it be simpler to just start treating the PM and acting speaker with some respect and lift the level of discourse?

Yep nice to know he makes his own family's life easier, good of Margie to share that, but it doesn't change how he comments about and treats other women. All well and good to play the sympathy card revealing a past miscarriage and the sentimentality card that Tony cries at movies if Margie feels the need to share that publicly but it's not a lot of relevance to his behaviour in the political arena. Funny Tony has threatened the secret weapon is likely to be out there correcting the record again if needed in future. Seems to me he's hiding behind his wife's neatly ironed apron strings.

I find myself becoming exhausted by the amount of reading and thinking that goes into trying to unravel the mountains of spin that surround almost everything the PM and Mr Abbott have to say. It is probably the fault of the proliferation of management and military speak that has entered the vernacular. Using far too many words often intended to disguise either the truth or the lie that is buried somewhere in the press release or the door stop interview. Synergistic complimentartities anyone? Are there too many former lawyers in the parliament? Is this why they use such circuitous language? Leigh Sales seems to have taken it upon herself to cut a swathe through the foggy musings of her guests this year. Would that there were more of her ilk.

KnightersRevenge said:
Leigh Sales seems to have taken it upon herself to cut a swathe through the foggy musings of her guests this year. Would that there were more of her ilk.

She certainly is. Doing a great job i reckon.