Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

Re: father sons- father sons 2011 2012 2013

yandb said:
The Flea has a couple of sons, Maurice Rioli's youngest son is about 15 and Craig Lambert has a couple of teenage sons
Can someone remind me why Craig Lambert left for Brisbane?

Brodders17 said:
i think he wanted to work on his tan.
Wasn't the most attractive man - I guess you have to focus on the positives no matter how small.

I believe he headed north about the same time as Northey

Tigerflag2008 said:

Wasn't he peeved that we tried to include him in the Broderick/Gale/Dundas trade so he quit and went to the PSD. He was keen to get to Carlton i believe at the time but Brisvegas picked him instead...

I had a mate who met Lambert (when drunk) and my mates only comment was "you can kick the ball you know" in reference to Lamberts propensity to always handball.

Needless to say he wasn't impressed.

Tigerflag2008 said:

Undoubtedly amongst other things, I believe the club made certain commitments to him regarding his wife's employment which they did not fulfil.

Streak said:
Undoubtedly amongst other things, I believe the club made certain commitments to him regarding his wife's employment which they did not fulfil.
That sounds right

Pretty sure I read that both his kids were keen to end up at Richmond (hope they are good enough)

With Lambert working for GWS and his boys living up in NSW with him and playing in the GWS Academy I'm thinking they're likely to become GWS Zone selections or scholarship players.

I'm pretty sure you only have to live in their zone for a minimum of two years to be eligible.

:(

FistFullOfDollars said:
With Lambert working for GWS and his boys living up in NSW with him and playing in the GWS Academy I'm thinking they're likely to become GWS Zone selections or scholarship players.

I'm pretty sure you only have to live in their zone for a minimum of two years to be eligible.

:(

The father-son rule always applies regardles if they live in GWS zone if the kids want to sign with Richmond. Given the issues with Viney, Scully and McDonald I would have thought it would be easier for them to play at a different club than their Dad too.

Oh yeah I understand that the F/S still applies but I think they will choose GWS. The kids are surrounded GWS players on a regular basis, I think they will want to play with them.

If they're any good, give Lambert a job. I seem to remember reading they were keen to play for the Tiges - or am I misremembering?

spook said:
If they're any good, give Lambert a job. I seem to remember reading they were keen to play for the Tiges - or am I misremembering?

I also remember hearing that the Lambert boys would be happy to play with Richmond.

On rfc website they interview Chris Naish and he mentions that his boys love their footy and show some promise.

Does anyone know if Terry's academy is still running ? Where sons of ex RFC players were given skills sessions at the Club, was at the Den one day when a number of ex players were around with their kids...

The Lurker said:
Does anyone know if Terry's academy is still running ? Where sons of ex RFC players were given skills sessions at the Club, was at the Den one day when a number of ex players were around with their kids...

wasn't aware ther was one. It's a great idea and something that needs to be seriously looked at if there isn't. Sons of former 100 gamers are in effect already on your list if they become good enough. Why not invest the time and effort to get their skills right from an early age.