Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Your opinion. Fair enough.

But he’s the type of player that can help win a premiership. But I agree he can be inconsistent
Had he checked out this year? It seemed like it. Will he play at his optimum level now he has the chance to settle in with a lot of family support? That remains to be seen.

There were only 2 suitors in his home state. Luckily for us they both could fit his healthy contract in. It might have been different if he was open to a mov3 anywhere and the field was wide open. But it wasn’t.

But we’ve got what we have. Probably the best under the circumstances.That’s the facts. Now to use those picks wisely…fingers crossed
Couldn't disagree with anything you said there Willo, especially for him to be the icing and the cherry on the cake for Freo. Incredibly dangerous I think when surrounded by high quallity team mates. We got the best out of him when we could.

Going to be hard to replace that talent with 1 first round pick, but there's always hope given we got him in the late 20s.

Reactions: 1 users
Couldn't disagree with anything you said there Willo, especially for him to be the icing and the cherry on the cake for Freo. Incredibly dangerous I think when surrounded by high quallity team mates. We got the best out of him when we could.

Going to be hard to replace that talent with 1 first round pick, but there's always hope given we got him in the late 20s.
This trade period really is the full stop to an era.
We know it was done well before this, but with these players leaving it really emphasises it.
Not to have Bakes, Bolton and DRioli running around will take away some enjoyment just watching them. Even though we know the next couple of years at least are going to be tough.

The end of an era. A new one is about to begin.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Hope Blair doesn’t play golf.
@Webbie26 probably hiding in the bushes in wait with his sling shot and pea shooter
Why are you quoting me in here. Im confused. You do realise i was being sarcastic when i said sack blair and get dodo right lol. And the other comment baiting fools who were panicing

Last edited:
Sad to see Shai go, but we got a good return in the cirumstances. I remember watching him in a VFL practice game in pre season 2017 out at the Whitten oval and thinking we have one here. He was our most talented player once Dusty came off his peak.

Reactions: 2 users

Sad to see Shai go, but we got a good return in the cirumstances. I remember watching him in a VFL practice game in pre season 2017 out at the Whitten oval and thinking we have one here. He was our most talented player once Dusty came off his peak.
Has enormous talent.
But no doubt my sphygmomanometer will see happier returns on match days.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I swear I read/heard somewhere that the salary cap minimum is being lowered to 90%. And can be banked to ramp up to 110% in following years. Would be perfect timing for us, allowing us to build a huge war chest while also frontloading deals for Balta, Taranto, Hopper et al.
We have war chest.

**what ever that means

Reactions: 1 user
Now they are saying how good he is.
A bit late knuckle heads.
These were the same people who said pick 10 was overs.
All Richmond supporters know how good Bolton is.
Screenshot_20241016_203746_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: 8 users