Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Hmm....I suppose it's easier to speak out more when you're at home than in another state.

Hello video on Instagram and a 5 minute interview on the Freo website, but no goodbye speech to us (as Jack Graham did)

As I said....hmm.

https://x.com/freodockers

1729081475124.png

Last edited:
Hmm....I suppose it's easier to speak out more when you're at home than in another state.

Hello video on Instagram and a 5 minute interview on the Freo website, but no goodbye speech to us (as Jack Graham did)

As I said....hmm.

View attachment 24691
Yep Shai has moved on very quickly. Is very effusive and verbose regarding his new "home" at Fremantle FC.

Not sure why he couldn't be bothered saying much about the club that drafted him and gave him the opportunity to play 135 games and win 2 flags.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
He will rip it apart over there, solid team around him again…. Said it before, he’s a game breaking cream on the top player… not your slug it out dour type

Reactions: 3 users
A dynamic player at his best
Freo got a bargain for the equivalent of picks 11 and 18.

The trade
Bolton and our picks 14 and 37 ish (F3)
For picks 10, 11, 18.
Picks 14 and 37 cancel out pick 10 at a minimum.
So the deal equivalent to picks 11 and 18 Or less. Well and truly unders. But that was it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

As I said....hmm.

View attachment 24691
Big hmm to yourself.
The lack of appreciation for this player has been difficult to understand.
Anyone who is just a little bit different seems to confuse many of you.
Hope we get on a Freo twice a year track.
Love watching him.
He has played in two flags and will play in many more.

Reactions: 1 users
Big hmm to yourself.
The lack of appreciation for this player has been difficult to understand.
Anyone who is just a little bit different seems to confuse many of you.
Hope we get on a Freo twice a year track.
Love watching him.
He has played in two flags and will play in many more.
Appreciation is always given. We'll see but I doubt Freo will get a flag just with him in it. He's not and never been at Duz's level. Never a match winner, just a flash player IMO. I'm a bit pissed off he couldn't speak more respectfully in the B&F when you see these 2 videos. At least Jack Graham did.

TF Jack Graham had a private school education and captained under age SA state teams from aged 14.
Not saying it is racist but it is wrong and unfair to assign a level of criticism to Shai because he doesn’t speak with the same level of confidence.

TF Jack Graham had a private school education and captained under age SA state teams from aged 14.
Not saying it is racist but it is wrong and unfair to assign a level of criticism to Shai because he doesn’t speak with the same level of confidence.
He did in the Freo videos. I think his exuberant look in that interview video shows how much he missed home and a relief to be back. It can be difficult to recruit introverted indigenous players from their homeland.

Reactions: 1 user
you don't need a private school education to show an ounce of gratitude, weird take.

Blokes wanted out ever since he was drafted according to Blair. Yeah he's a Richmond premiership player but he ain't a Richmond man. Astbury, Houli, Cotch and Jack are.

He's going to be missed. A genuine star at the age of 25. He's only now coming into his prime. Freo got a bargain imo.
No doubt he can be anything but I'll think you will find players like Shai get very very comfortable once they are back in their home towns. He's already got 2 premierships as well. I just don't see him having the hunger to push on and become one of the games best.
I think we have seen the best of Shai at tigerland. He will have his highlights at Freo but he won't be going to another level

Reactions: 2 users
you don't need a private school education to show an ounce of gratitude, weird take.
My point was that Jack had as a youth developed a high degree of confidence that made it relatively easy for him to
speak publicly.
Also remember Chai spoke spoke at the JDM before he knew he was leaving (unlike Jack) and again only after they dressed him up in his new tee.
No harm done but your intolerance of Shai does you no credit.

• Dislike
My point was that Jack had as a youth developed a high degree of confidence that made it relatively easy for him to
speak publicly.
Also remember Chai spoke spoke at the JDM before he knew he was leaving (unlike Jack) and again only after they dressed him up in his new tee.
No harm done but your intolerance of Shai does you no credit.
My earlier take you're referring to was more about their performances and reliability on the field rather than a personal stance against Shai? I was looking at consistency and attitude during challenging times as key factors in building a strong team.