Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

If he wants to go to the WEagles, how bout they give us pick 3. We pay all his salary, they offer Graham enough for band 1 compo, and we give the Weagle pick 12 back.
Anyone see any flaws?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
It still worries me no end that we could potentially have two clubs bidding voraciously for a player they know could change their fortunes, rising 25 into superstardom.

And we're the ones selling.

Not sure i understand what youre trying to aim for Brodders, but my understanding is folks are saying we trade Bolton to Freo for 9 and 10.
We then trade one of those and Baker for 3.
Graham is unrestricted FA so can get to WC without a trade. We'd get compensation back, which is separate to anything to do with Baker or Bolton.

Reactions: 1 users
What are the odds that a players outside the top 10 is as good or better than Bolton? Probably none.
Outside the top 5 would also probably be very slim odds.
There’s an argument to be mounted that he could possibly be worth a pick below 5 and a pick below 10.

Reactions: 4 users
Frockers gave 2 firsts and a second for Luke Jackson its time they traded fairly for $hai

Not sure i understand what youre trying to aim for Brodders, but my understanding is folks are saying we trade Bolton to Freo for 9 and 10.
We then trade one of those and Baker for 3.
Graham is unrestricted FA so can get to WC without a trade. We'd get compensation back, which is separate to anything to do with Baker or Bolton.
I think he is saying they pay Fridge $1 million a year and we get band 1 i.e. pick 2. We pay the salary and then we trade Bolton and pick 12 ( not sure where we get that from) for their pick 3, which would become 4 because we now have picks 1 and 2.
So we would have picks 1, 2 and 4.
I think that is it but I may be totally wrong

Reactions: 1 user
I think he is saying they pay Fridge $1 million a year and we get band 1 i.e. pick 2. We pay the salary and then we trade Bolton and pick 12 ( not sure where we get that from) for their pick 3, which would become 4 because we now have picks 1 and 2.

I see the AFL completely shutting that down if that's what is being said.

Exactly. We can't help them pay Graham's contract, but we can pay Bolton's. They then use that money to inflate Graham's contract and we get pick 2. Cos the Weagles are helping us out we give them pick 12. ( which comes from the Suns. )
It's so Ezy I'm not sure why no one else has suggested it.

Exactly. We can't help them pay Graham's contract, but we can pay Bolton's. They then use that money to inflate Graham's contract and we get pick 2. Cos the Weagles are helping us out we give them pick 12. ( which comes from the Suns. )
It's so Ezy I'm not sure why no one else has suggested it.
I’m pretty sure that would be draft tampering Brodders !! Don’t forget the secret herbs and spices formula only provides a recommendation which can then be overruled !

Reactions: 1 user
What are the odds that a players outside the top 10 is as good or better than Bolton? Probably none.
Outside the top 5 would also probably be very slim odds.
There’s an argument to be mounted that he could possibly be worth a pick below 5 and a pick below 10.
There is a better argument to be made that he shouldn't be traded.