Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

If a player publicly states he want a trade out of Richmond and we say no, does anyone really expect the player to put in the hard yards for the remainder of the time he is at the club when he clearly wants out?
Both were happy enough to commit to long term contracts I assume on excellent money, not so long back. Both are proud men. I see no reason to believe that if either of their requests are refused, why they wouldn't cointinue to do their best.

Shai in particular has been set an impossible task over the last season.
With an improved midfield and forward line around him, he will produce A.A quality again.

Reactions: 1 users
If a player publicly states he want a trade out of Richmond and we say no, does anyone really expect the player to put in the hard yards for the remainder of the time he is at the club when he clearly wants out?
Yes . Isn’t that what the word professional covers. It’s his / her job.

He has attended the most centre bounces apparently, which surprised me when i noticed the stat on the AFL website, but agree 100%.

Our midfield is so one paced, that i struggle to see how the only player that provides a point of difference is stuck in the forward line.

The worst part of the Hopper / Taranto move now is that assuming we load up on some top line mids in this draft, do they get stuck out on flanks while the turn over kings occupy the guts?

Maybe Hadwicks departure had more to do with the spuds he brought in rather than the sausages already in the menu. (see what i did there, eh!)
Hopper only gets on the park 3 or 4 times a year

I think most of the rumoured deals are "done" in principle a long way out from trade week. How else can interested parties actually plan an attack. Of course, it's never done until its done but you can bet your house on it that all of Bolton Rioli Baker and Graham would have a clear indication of what might transpire.
But the AFL wont let anything get announced till the last day of the trade period, got to drag it out so no other sport can get any headlines.

We don;t know whether Fremantle is going to finish up with picks 9 and 10 or 10 and 11. And we don't know where its Port Adelaide pick currently 17, is going to finish either.
Apparently Shai has requested a trade to Fremantle, not to a Perth based team, but only to Fremantle.

Time to tell his manager that the only way that happens is that they find a way to offer us pick 3.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
We don;t know whether Fremantle is going to finish up with picks 9 and 10 or 10 and 11. And we don't know where its Port Adelaide pick currently 17, is going to finish either.
Apparently Shai has requested a trade to Fremantle, not to a Perth based team, but only to Fremantle.

Time to tell his manager that the only way that happens is that they find a way to offer us pick 3.
Id rather pick 9 and 10 than 3 in such an even draft

Reactions: 1 user
You maybe right 26 but two of Draper, O'Sullivan and Smith
looks pretty good to me.
Id personally only draft players from Victoria if there isnt much between the talent one thing we know is player movement is getting easier. They cant use the go home family factor to break contracts if there Victorians im sure it will happen more and more with these cry baby youngsters these days

Reactions: 1 users
FReo have to cough up their 3 x 1st rounder for Bolton & #29

They are so desperate to get a premiership they will pay up

10 & 11 does not get you a top 3 pick and shai is worth that every day of the week

Enter matty clarke with #3 offer and Shai gets a $ 1 mill bonus

Both were happy enough to commit to long term contracts I assume on excellent money, not so long back. Both are proud men. I see no reason to believe that if either of their requests are refused, why they wouldn't cointinue to do their best.

Shai in particular has been set an impossible task over the last season.
With an improved midfield and forward line around him, he will produce A.A quality again.
I like your optimism but human nature will often mean you don't put maximum effort into something when you don't want to be there

He wants to go like Rioli and out of contract Baker so why stand in his way if they want to move to pastures new. I am not happy about that but would rather let them walk (with suitable compensation) than have players whose heart is not at Tigerland as that will breed dissention in the camp and that will not help us