Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

taztiger4 said:
Im aware of his age BC, & I only missed 2 VFL games again this year so I know how he plays & as I said I like him & he was a real find for us

By him signing up for our VFL again next year is possibly a sign he himself thinks AFL is beyond him.
More than likely not getting picked ,my point about his age was more to do with being picked as a low end mature age.
2 of our premiership players were taken at around that age as mature agers so anythings possible if your willing to put in.

Plenty would have said, kane lambert, not good enough to be in afl, even last year, most of us said, not up to it, well third in a afl premiership saw him improve to become invaluable, runs all day, trick is to pick the guy whom plays just as well at every level he plays at.

jokershoppe said:
Plenty would have said, kane lambert, not good enough to be in afl, even last year, most of us said, not up to it, well third in a afl premiership saw him improve to become invaluable, runs all day, trick is to pick the guy whom plays just as well at every level he plays at.

Exactly!!

Oh yeah our premiership team. Forgot about them.

Go back two years and we didn’t have lambert Rioli Broad Nankervis Townsend caddy Prestia and guys like butler & Castagna were unheard of.

jokershoppe said:

RICHMOND FOOTY TEAM

Additions
2018. 1.... 2..... 3...... 4...... 5..........

2017 Nankervis caddy prestia Bolton graham
Garthwaite stengle (r)

2016. Townsend Rioli markov Broad
Chol (r), C Moore (r).

2015 C Ellis menadue butler Drummond
short lambert. Castagna soldo

2014. Hampson Lennon Lloyd

2013 Miles. Vlastuin. Mcintosh

2012 B Ellis

2011 Grigg. houli conca. Batch

2010 Martin Griffiths Astbury grimes

2009. ————

2008 Cotchin Rance

2007 Riewoldt Edwards

jokershoppe said:
The richmond pressure factor has seen, geelongs menzel go from stevie j replacement to basically not wanted with his new contract about half what it was, and no takers from other AFL clubs.
Nah apparently he's a knob of the highest order and none of the playing group like him. Playing ability/intensity has little to do with it.

Vlossy said:
Just for those that are questioning the pick trade with Geelong. The below is the new order for the draft. Look who has picks 22 and 24. A little goodwill hopefully from that trade means if Naish doesnt get a bid till 22, then Geel won't be bidding. If you take out the interstate teams who I don't see bidding on Naish, then the only teams that might bid are Carl (pick 10), Dogs (16) and North (23).

This is a situation where smart live pick trading would come in really useful. If we had a 'gentleman's agreement' with Geelong and they weren't going to bid on Naish and he's still on the board at 22 and we think north will bid at 23 just to make us use our next pick, trade 25 and a swap of picks next year (or something like that) to the cats for 22, take the player we want, cats get points / picks to help them next season, and then if north bid on Naish we take him with junk picks.

I'm fine with Norf bidding at 23, making us use 25, after our 2 upgrades we have only 3 snr spots left anyway so that will be our live picks. this only changes if someone else leaves etc.

We should figure out a way to trade points

Hi we want ‘player X ‘

Here is player C , a draft pick and 200 points
Effectively downgrades our pick and improves one of theirs.

Hayes I don't want, as today's afl game just about makes a good tank number 1,without this Lennon became a plodder, any explosion of power and agility was gone due to a constant empty tank, rioli castanya butler all were massively underrated in this area, it allows them to become involved in games right till the end.

With 3 reasonably high picks, I don’t think it’s as guaranteed as some think that we will defiantly go talls, Clarke is very much best available and as always there will be sliders at that point. Also with the possibility of Lynch coming it makes things different again, if best available is a tall, great, if not so be it we won’t know for a couple of years anyway, nothing worse then having a list clogger tall on your list for a few years hoping he comes good.

I really feel like Joel Garner will be one of these picks.

More research I do on him, he fits our mould.

SCOOP said:

I like Garner a lot, dropped off a bit towards the end of the year but he's one who has plenty of AFL qualities. Could be around the mark as he's pretty much a back flanker these days.

bullus_hit said:
I like Garner a lot, dropped off a bit towards the end of the year but he's one who has plenty of AFL qualities. Could be around the mark as he's pretty much a back flanker these days.

i think i prefer Richards , disposal and pace is better but i do rate garner's agression

SCOOP said:

Is he still opening the bowling for the West Indies??

So let’s have an honest and realistic list of the players we are likely to recruit based on research, common sense and inside word. Prob a list of 10 would suffice.

FWIW I like the look of Hugh Dixon from Tassie. Lots of footy smarts and good kick. I wouldn’t mind Oscar Allen with our top pick