Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

Blind Turn said:
Of course as we all know, there are no guarantees but yes I am working under the assumption that the lower the pick, the better the player. I'd rather one star than two good players. Am I alone?

By the sound of it this draft is fairly even around our picks so i prefer the extra pick & it only cost us 2 spots on our 1st pick. we are covered wherever the bid comes.

Blind Turn said:
Of course as we all know, there are no guarantees but yes I am working under the assumption that the lower the pick, the better the player. I'd rather one star than two good players. Am I alone?
Sorry BT you are wrong here. You are assuming perfect foresight in the picks and not factoring in that recruiters get it wrong all the time. Much, much better to have 3 shots at getting it right in this range (15-25) than 2. In fact it is not even a close call.

Daigoro said:
Sorry BT you are wrong here. You are assuming perfect foresight in the picks and not factoring in that recruiters get it wrong all the time. Much, much better to have 3 shots at getting it right in this range (15-25) than 2. In fact it is not even a close call.

Will be interesting to revisit this in a few years.
I'm backing favourites and you're going roughies

Blind Turn said:
Will be interesting to revisit this in a few years.
I'm backing favourites and you're going roughies
You're backing horses at $15 and $17, he's backing the same $17 horse and two others at $20 and $25.

spook said:
You're backing horses at $15 and $17, he's backing the same $17 horse and two others at $20 and $25.

I'll have Naish, Bonar and Balta please. What are my odds?

Blind Turn said:
I'll have Naish, Bonar and Balta please. What are my odds?

Naish & Balta are distinct possibilities so i would say $2.80
But when you add in bonar it goes up to $11.80

tigersnake said:
Very impressive, like the variation in his marks, all good, but on the fast lead, in packs, one-on-one wrestles, big speccies. Also, moves exactly like Jeremy Cameron. Seen him as being in the frame for us in phantoms, Whats the knock?

About the same to Jack with his 20mtr time
Decent leap
Body work is good
Height is slightly on the small side for a KPF at 191cm
Tank is questionable from reports but not sure as different opinions coming out of the west, But at #17-#25 certainly worth a selection

Harry said:
What happens if a club bids for Naish at pick 26?
We can burn picks 53 and pick 55 to land him and go into deficit on our 2nd rounder next year I believe. Something like moving pick 36 to pick 42.

Giardiasis said:
We can burn picks 53 and pick 55 to land him and go into deficit on our 2nd rounder next year I believe. Something like moving pick 36 to pick 42.
For the reigning premiers to get 17 - 20 - 25 - then Naish for draft scraps would be akin to the old Vikings burning, raping n pillaging their way through the neighborhood. Bloody outrageous scenario if it came off.

tigersnake said:
Very impressive, like the variation in his marks, all good, but on the fast lead, in packs, one-on-one wrestles, big speccies. Also, moves exactly like Jeremy Cameron. Seen him as being in the frame for us in phantoms, Whats the knock?
Supposedly his lack of height, at 191cm. But he has a long reach and a good leap and it's where your hands meet the ball, not where the top of your head is, that counts. I like him and would be happy to have him.

turk-d-tiger said:
Naish & Balta are distinct possibilities so i would say $2.80
But when you add in bonar it goes up to $11.80
I'd say to get all three the odds are a fair bit longer than that.