Phill Walsh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phill Walsh

I was thinking about Phil Walsh since this has happened and in reality he has a place in Tiger history that is more than the games he played. I was at the game in his first year when he absolutely smashed us playing for Collingwood, he was brilliant. That was the height of the poaching wars between the two clubs and Walsh was really meant to be a massive payback for the Cloke and Raines raid. We all know how that went and Phil Walsh never reached any great heights with the Tigers.

I think the thing that shocks me most of all about this is the horror of a son ( allegedly) killing a father. It's incomprehensible to me

se7en said:
2 points each?

So what happens if Geelong miss the 8 by half a game?

Then they'll probably come 9th.
No guarantee they would have won this game is there?
I think the points situation takes a backseat on this occasion. Correct decision by the afl, imo.

willo said:
Then they'll probably come 9th.
No guarantee they would have won this game is there?
I think the points situation takes a backseat on this occasion. Correct decision by the afl, imo.

True but if adelaide and /or geelong sit 8/9 after round 23, we could have another * on our hands.

Sintiger said:
I think the thing that shocks me most of all about this is the horror of a son ( allegedly) killing a father. It's incomprehensible to me

Yeah, hard to comprehend. I'm sure I wasn't the only person to wonder if it was "recreational" drug related.

se7en said:
2 points each?

So what happens if Geelong miss the 8 by half a game?
Then they would otherwise have missed it by a wholegame.
Geelong definitely would have lost this week.

So what if a team sneaks into or misses out on finals as a result of this? Anyone who is going to make a fuss about this has lost touch with what it means to be human.

The right thing has been done in tragic circumstances. Everything else will sort itself out.

TOT70 said:
So what if a team sneaks into or misses out on finals as a result of this? Anyone who is going to make a fuss about this has lost touch with what it means to be human.

The right thing has been done in tragic circumstances. Everything else will sort itself out.
Well said. The game is a distant second here.

has to be meth/ice related...ive seen it turn people into manic ,vicious,violent maniacs...the evilest most dangerous drug ever.....wish we had a bloody government found something extreme about it rather than carry on about *smile* like q and a and abc television