Phill Walsh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phill Walsh

WTF is going on??

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
How could the Crows play this weekend? Probably the most gut-wrenching event during the footy season since 9/11, and so much more personal.

Agree. Just bloody hard to believe this. What are we now....*smile* America with random murders anytime anywhere??

Condolences to his wife and daughter and RIP Phil.

I don't think the game should be called off, despite the horrific circumstances. These moments of hardship and heartache can galvanise a community. The game itself can be the beginning of the healing process.

TigerForce said:
WTF is going on??

Agree. Just bloody hard to believe this. What are we now....*smile*ing America with random murders anytime anywhere??

Domestic violence is absolutely rife - and getting worse.

RIP Phil Walsh

Woke up to this and seriously my first thought it was a rumour/joke.

Family violence -across all cultures, professions and people.

I remember when he won what was the best young talent in the league playing on the wing and we were at war with Collingwood that we poached him.

This is so tragic.

How this will unfold for Adelaide?

More importantly for his wife and daughter who is overseas.

Was a breath of fresh air with his coaching philosophies !

To the Walsh family/friends condolences . RIP Phil.

I imagine Dimma is feeling it too. They were co-assistants at Port when they won the flag. Apparently Chocco has flown back to Adelaide. He and Walsh were close

*smile*.
afl will best served to call Sunday off and call it a draw.

Agree the game would have to called off and 2 Pts awarded.

I doubt you could give the full Pts to the other team.

Sure Walshy would want his players to play but the game is on Siunday.

Yeah heard that too re Chocco.

This will effect the AFL community and how the AfL will deal with it , eyes will be on them.

I know Titus O'Reilly is normally a satirical writer but this morning he has put that aside to post a well written piece on Phil Walsh's death:

http://titusoreily.com/some-random-thoughts-on-a-bad-morning/

How terribly sad and shocking. Violence in families has such devastating and far reaching consequences. Heartbreaking.

Mental health is such a vexed issue. It seems all of its permutations are being played out in the AFL family.

I can't see how the Adelaide game can go on this weekend. Players will be walking around in shock. They need to absorb this in some form before trying to move on too quickly. As for the other games - I'm not sure. Would seem weird and somewhat disrespectful.

So sad and my condolences to everyone at Adelaide and everyone who knew Phil.
But a huge kick up the backside to the guy who just rang SEN to talk about the Collingwood VFL team ??? ???

As a White Ribbon ambassador this hits me very hard. Obviously there are many people who will be affected to a far greater degree, yet domestic violence in all its forms can touch any of us at any time.
Phil presented as an honest and humble man and a driven and tenacious competitor. He has earned tremendous respect during his short tenure as AFC coach, his passing should be treated the same. A massive loss for the AFL community, but also an opportunity for all Australians to reflect on the scourge of violence at home.

Condolences to his family and all those close to him. Such a tragic loss.

RIP Phil