Phill Walsh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phill Walsh

Echo the thoughts of others, just shocking and quite horrible news.

As for the thoughts of any game going ahead it would be totally up to the state of mind of the Crows players.
Personally I can't see how they'd play in 2 days time and expect it to be postponed or cancelled.

will be interesting to see if Walsh's son was under the influence or alcohol or drugs.
Walsh and his son only started talking again last year after drifting apart in terms of son/father mateship in his teens.

Wildride said:
They may postpone the whole round by a week.

This terrible situation is certainly unprecedented. .. cant see the entire round being postponed due to stadium agreements and scheduling for the remainder of the yesr etc. Have to feel for the adelaide players - a horrific incident. Not sure what the AFL does....

Just makes me wonder how he was killed by a knife. Was it a fight? Was he blindsided? If...if....if....if only he was in hospital recuperating like his wife is....

This is just as sickening as the Phil Hughes death late last year.

Terrible and shocking but i reckon the game goes on with a show of respect.

Terrible tragedy.
Feel for Mrs. Walsh and the daughter who was on holiday when this happened.
R.I.P Philip Walsh.
Remember him playing for us at Richmond.

Numb and empty week for the AFL.

smasha said:
Terrible tragedy.
Feel for Mrs. Walsh and the daughter who was on holiday when this happened.
R.I.P Philip Walsh.
Remember him playing for us at Richmond.

Numb and empty week for the AFL.

Says it all Smasha, just logged on to read the news. Numb is the best description I feel right now.

Wonder if Crows and Cats playing for 8 points in already scheduled R23 was considered? To be played at a neutral venue.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Its going to be hard watching the rest of the games this week

I agree, football seems so trivial in the face of such a tragedy.
This is so saddening and heartbreaking!

Well done Tiges for releasing a statement of condolence about Phil Walsh on the RFC website. Nice photo of Phil and John Annear in the best way I remember Phil....with hair.