Phill Walsh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phill Walsh

Right decision to cancel crows game due to the players. While it's a hard decision I think playing the other games is right. What better way to respect him and honour him but to play the game that brings every one together, that we all have in common. This round should be called Phil Walsh round this year and for all years.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Yes. Will concede they've shown a general improvement under Gillon.

Gillon is light years ahead of his arrogant out-of-touch predecessor.

BrisTiger24 said:
This round should be called Phil Walsh round this year and for all years.

nice idea and sentiment Bris - on a number of levels. as well as celebrating a bloke who gave a lot to the game, it gives the AFL an opportunity to promote the issue of domestic/family violence - something that's horribly on the rise in this country.

artball said:
nice idea and sentiment Bris - on a number of levels. as well as celebrating a bloke who gave a lot to the game, it gives the AFL an opportunity to promote the issue of domestic/family violence - something that's horribly on the rise in this country.

Well said guys. I agree the AFL should use this tragedy to potentially better the domestic violence issue now, & in the future. Good concept BrisTiger.

R.I.P Walshy.

17 said:

Yep. No banners tonight for this game or round is also a good idea.

17 said:

Light years? It was an obvious move. GM still same old same old on Essendon. Not impressed at all meself

Bunnerz said:
an argument arose at 2am, then Walsh allegedly stabbed to death by son.
daughter is overseas and it took police 4 hrs to contact her.
Walsh, a non drinker and committed family man who was intensely passionate about his footy.
only weeks earlier the club told him to calm down a bit and get his work/life balance together as he was getting to the office at 6am and working 15 hour days.

It is shocking, and terrible event.

I'd just like to add, although I don't have a clue what happened, just because someone has stopped drinking, doesn't mean everything is all roses and chocolates. If he was an alcoholic, you don't stop being one just because you stop drinking.

tigersnake said:
Light years? It was an obvious move. GM still same old same old on Essendon. Not impressed at all meself

Yep I agree the AFL still prefers to make deals rather than do the right thing.

Tigers of Old said:
Points to be divided. Game abandoned. Players put first by the AFL. Right move IMO.

2 points each?

So what happens if Geelong miss the 8 by half a game?