Phill Walsh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phill Walsh

Just heard this as well. Absolutely devastating.

His son is in custody and wife in hospital.

OMG this is shocking news.

RIP. I hope the mother makes a sound physical recovery.

Shocking news. I thought I must have misheard it. According to ABC news allegedly stabbed to death by his son. So tragic and sad.

Just shocking. I feel so dreadfully sad for the Walsh family. This would be a horrible, horrible situation for any family and sadly it happens way too often. But to have to grieve and process this with the media all over you is just unimaginable.

an argument arose at 2am, then Walsh allegedly stabbed to death by son.
daughter is overseas and it took police 4 hrs to contact her.
Walsh, a non drinker and committed family man who was intensely passionate about his footy.
only weeks earlier the club told him to calm down a bit and get his work/life balance together as he was getting to the office at 6am and working 15 hour days.

RIP. Shocking.

An ex-Tiger too, via the Pies in retaliation for them poaching our stars.

How could the Crows play this weekend? Probably the most gut-wrenching event during the footy season since 9/11, and so much more personal.

Horrible, gut wrenching news, and I'm no relation at all. Can only imagine what his wife must be feeling and his family.

Listened to SEN on the radio on the way into work and one of the mothers of an 18yo boy who's on the crows called in to say what her relationship with Phil was like. Sounds like an outstanding fella, and a huge loss for the community, let alone football.

RIP

RIP Phil Walsh.
In the short time we knew of him he came across as a ripping bloke and intelligent man.
Condolences to his Family.