Non composed grunt v Composed silk | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Non composed grunt v Composed silk

All this is moot if Trealor comes across and JOM too. This is where the "silky grunt" needs to come from. Bucketloads of coin.

spook said:
Ability is one key. Experience is another. Cogs was tracking to be a better player than Lewis. Tuck and Jackson enabled Cotchin to be a better player than Mitchell.

Mitchell doesn't need help.

And while I loved Cogs, Lewis is every bit the player he was. Speculation on what Cogs might have ended up is pointless. He may have gone backwards just as easily.

Midsy said:

And while I loved Cogs, Lewis is every bit the player he was. Speculation on what Cogs might have ended up is pointless. He may have gone backwards just as easily.

Nah. Cogs was a *smile* terrier. Lewis is very good but cogs was special.

Midsy said:

a good injury run helps as well, from memory we only got 1 good year out of Cogs, i stand to be corrected on that tho

Carter said:
Nah. Cogs was a *smile*ing terrier. Lewis is very good but cogs was special.

Spot on Carter, the bad years would have been much much different if Cogs had remained fit. He was more like Hodge, hard but with silky disposal.

IanG said:
Spot on Carter, the bad years would have been much much different if Cogs had remained fit.

And Nate Brown. We lost a top 5 AFL talent overnight. Never forget how good he was. In my handful of favourite Tigers. Losing two foundation players that the next generation was to be built around was amazingly unlucky.

Imagine if Port lose Chad Wingard for the next 18 months and he is never the same after and Ollie Wines to a series of knee injuries.

That's what happened to us. Terry Wallace made some terrible choices in his time at Richmond but he had zero luck.

I'm most excited about what Corey Eillis can produce. From all reports, flying. Absolutely flying. Spook once described his as Nick Dal Santo like, I'm very much in his camp now. If Lennon makes a leap us well, these two will propel the entire group forward.

Carter said:
Nah. Cogs was a *smile*ing terrier. Lewis is very good but cogs was special.

Yeah. during the 80s and 90s were inept. In the 00s we started to be a bit less inept, but then were jinxed as well. A fit Browny and cogs might have sparked some Richo-led success.

edit, beat me to it scoop, spot on

I still need therapy about my issues with Daniher and Whelan

tigersnake said:
Yeah. during the 80s and 90s were inept. In the 00s we started to be a bit less inept, but then were jinxed as well. A fit Browny and cogs might have sparked some Richo-led success.
This is too depressing :(

ToraToraTora said:
All this is moot if Trealor comes across and JOM too. This is where the "silky grunt" needs to come from. Bucketloads of coin.

Thanks for reminding me of Jared Oakley Nichols haha.

IanG said:
Spot on Carter, the bad years would have been much much different if Cogs had remained fit. He was more like Hodge, hard but with silky disposal.
Loved Cogs his attack on the ball was ferocious but I don't remember the silky disposal.

commonsense said:
Loved Cogs his attack on the ball was ferocious but I don't remember the silky disposal.

Me neither.

Was a good player, but not the budding superstar that some seem to make him out to be IMO.

toby64 said:
Me neither.

Was a good player, but not the budding superstar that some seem to make him out to be IMO.

He was no Jordan Lewis. Although the comparison is probably slightly unfair, in that they are very different players, in very different teams.

poppa x said:
Re Cogs, I think Joel Selwood is a better comparison.
Both hard in and under players who could lift their teams.

You're right, thats exactly who he was most like. Silky disposal might be the wrong description but his disposal was creative and effective.