Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Nah.
Filth have no room in the cap and still need to resign Moore & Degoey.

We will have space with Rance gone.

Can't see us letting this bloke go anywhere.

NO way Tigers let Balta go.

Houli, Rance, Markov, Grover, Egg, Garthwaite, English, Miller will all go before Noah, Maggots can GAGF.

They've still got Moore and DeGoey to resign.

Noah and CJ are the most important juniors on the list to retain going forward as they are key structural players for 10 years

Reactions: 1 users
Little whisper
Apparently he has spoken to rival clubs.
One starting with C & ending with D.
I wont be happy if he is the one squeezed out this year.
I know a close contact of him and his family, I'll suss it out.

FWIW, his contracted until the end of 2021 I believe so I wouldn't be panicking.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

FWIW, his contracted until the end of 2021 I believe so I wouldn't be panicking.
Got a quick response this morning, he said it's BS.

Debunked.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Agree with all that, but it's not as if Balta can't play CHF. We have Garthwaite waiting in the wings for his opportunities too. Maybe not a star but I predict he will give the team 100% honest effort and commitment.

Compare Balta's marking with JR8's in that game, or their respective kicking. Love Jack but there are still some troubling signs with his speed loss perhaps in order to break clear on a lead; failure to hold marks he is getting hands on; struggling to score from 40m or so.

How about we just let him develop as a backman before saying he could translate it forward? Key defender an infinitely easier position to play.

On Garthwaite IMO he is too undersized & slow to play key defender so no comparison to Balta for mine. Garthwaite tries his guts out but his only chance is as a 3rd tall defender and we have plenty better than him - eg Grimes/Broad/Vlastuin. H is backup only IMO. Note he is out of contract end of this year would not be surprised if he moved on if an offer came from elsewhere.

And marking as a backman is a hell of a lot easier than as a forward - no one is trying to spoil you. Jack would take 10 a game if playing in the backline.

Reactions: 2 users
Im shocked - the "little whisper" had credibility written all over it.
FWIW my response wasn't having a crack at the initial claim.

Balta is pretty much the only player I'll ever have inside mail about, so I'm happy to share.

Even pre draft I was told we were seriously likely to pick him as we and the Bulldogs showed the most interest, WCE and BL had mild interest with their picks - but Noah really didn't want to go interstate.

A little more insight - Noah didn't do himself any favours over the Covid-19 shut down and came back behind the 8-ball. He was given a rocket by the club - and his family for that matter - which appears to have finally made the penny drop.

He looked really good and we need to accept mistakes along the way, we've got a special player on our hands potentially.

Reactions: 14 users
We all know about his athleticism etc, but his intercept marking was what impressed me the most. Read the play well & looked safe as in the air. Lots to like.

Reactions: 3 users

Gonna be plenty of cash free to give him a nice raise come next year especially if hes kicking on.

He aint going anywhere.

It may have warranted it. The initial claim was made by Zips...basically Tom Browne with worse grammar :D

I didn't claim it was true, i said it was a whisper.
Trade period talk hasn't really started because of Cv.
Lets see who comes for our kids.
Cj Adelaide and GWS apparently very keen.
Balta Collingwood
Rance Footscary.
Its not like AFL players announce where there going mid season, its not the NRL.
Crouch???