Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Probably the dumbest comment I've seen on here. You can say many things about Maurice, but not that he's slow, not in the slightest.

I thought he was ok today, his running was evident at the ground (maybe not so much on TV). I thought he was good, but he needs to kick those goals, particularly that 1st one that he missed.

Reactions: 3 users
Probably the dumbest comment I've seen on here. You can say many things about Maurice, but not that he's slow, not in the slightest.

I thought he was ok today, his running was evident at the ground (maybe not so much on TV). I thought he was good, but he needs to kick those goals, particularly that 1st one that he missed.
Think about this
He doesn’t kick those goals as he isn’t skilled enough to kick them
His kicking is flawed
Never at the drop of ball either
Enough !

Reactions: 1 user
Slightly better game. Just isn't skilled. Missed the easiest of goals (no quality small forward misses that), fell over when on his own and ball passed to him, and that dribbly kick for a goal assist, almost missed 3 Tigers on their own. Defensively was better, caused a couple of turnovers (although still less tackles than Jack, Baker, Pickett & Graham. 4 efficient disposals, 1 after half time. He needs to learn from Baker how to hit a pack front and centre at speed. Simply running at defenders in the forward line with no other abilities isn't going to cut it at AFL level.

Reactions: 1 users
When he has the ball, his mind is moving too quick. Calm down son. Stop panicking.

If he gets even just a semi break out sort of game where most things work for him, it’ll do his confidence and composure the world of good. He’ll improve dramatically after that. Guaranteed. Can he do that in the next 12 months ? Who knows.

But he’s a panicker right now.

Reactions: 7 users
Not a perfect game by any means but from a team perspective it was much better defensive pressure in the forward half this week.
Thought he had a bit of a job to halt Blakey's influence. Sydney certainly didn't have easy exits.

Most importunately played his part in the win.

Reactions: 3 users
When he has the ball, his mind is moving too quick. Calm down son. Stop panicking.

If he gets even just a semi break out sort of game where most things work for him, it’ll do his confidence and composure the world of good. He’ll improve dramatically after that. Guaranteed. Can he do that in the next 12 months ? Who knows.

But he’s a panicker right now.

Probably the best description I've seen of him so far. Panicker. Yep. He panicks because I assume he isn't yet sure he belongs. We've had a lot of players in that position and the fans don't help (check out the Banks thread last night).

Maurice has played 24 games. Can he get better? Only time will tell, but there is something there, but there are also things that aren't showing right now, and composure certainly isn't 1 of them.

Reactions: 2 users
Probably the best description I've seen of him so far. Panicker. Yep. He panicks because I assume he isn't yet sure he belongs. We've had a lot of players in that position and the fans don't help (check out the Banks thread last night).

Maurice has played 24 games. Can he get better? Only time will tell, but there is something there, but there are also things that aren't showing right now, and composure certainly isn't 1 of them.
I think he will. But his chases, smoothers were team lifting and missing from last week. He needs to back himself more, his hands, feet moving too quick for his brain. will see more improvements in future

I think he will. But his chases, smoothers were team lifting and missing from last week. He needs to back himself more, his hands, feet moving too quick for his brain. will see more improvements in future

Yeah I agree, I was a bit surprised to see only 2 tackles as I thought he was more involved than that at the ground. It seems to me its more of a sum of the parts type equation with Maurice in the team. Does he play a stand out game - nope. Do his stats look amazing - nope. Does his presence and his work off the ball make the team better - yep.

That’s exactly right. Underneath it all there’s a lack of confidence driving this panicky, rushed approach that then results in poor decisions and poor execution (esp by foot) during games.

Well that ain't going to be helped if MJ's dropped again to the VFL next week. Some of these players need continuity.