Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

That was never the case Zips, I have been saying he would be a late pick for 2 years, it's his cousins and uncles saying he could be the best ever.

Endurance, Size 173cm,productivity, maturity have allowed us to get him on the cheap, now that we have him there is no longer a need for Jnr to tank and he is free to show the world you should never overlook a Rioli.
Endurance - old fashioned stamina

Obviously last chance for him next year to show he can make it.

Needs a big pre season & get himself super fit will be the starting point.

This is the bloke who was told in his exit interview he needed to return to pre season training in better condition...

MRJ.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
This is also the bloke that did a hamstring (2nd in 2023) in Rd 24 27 August 2023

FFS

No reason to turn up to pre season fat.

Plenty he could have done post recovery from his hammie to at least keep in shape (swimming, cycling, diet). I love what he could be capable of but he doesn't have the professionalism be an AFL athlete (IMHO)

Reactions: 1 users
No reason to turn up to pre season fat.

Plenty he could have done post recovery from his hammie to at least keep in shape (swimming, cycling, diet). I love what he could be capable of but he doesn't have the professionalism be an AFL athlete (IMHO)
LOL, Youve determined he is fat & lacks professionalism from a photo ?

BTW, ever done a hamstring & then tried to ride a treadly ?

Its hard enough riding a *smile* Harley after doing one

Reactions: 1 users
LOL, Youve determined he is fat & lacks professionalism from a photo ?

BTW, ever done a hamstring & then tried to ride a treadly ?

Its hard enough riding a *smile* Harley after doing one
Try driving an hour home in a manual car after tearing your left hammy. Agony.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Some players just don't improve their endurance very much no matter how hard they train. Can't remember Maurice snr being lauded for his endurance. Many of these indigenous boys have fast twitch fibres for agility and speed, not endurance. Is our modern game of repeat runs up and down the ground squeezing them out?

Try driving an hour home in a manual car after tearing your left hammy. Agony.
I broke my leg playing soccer (didn’t know at the time) and drove 30 minutes home.

After being in pain that night my wife drove me to Knox Private. They took the x Rays and gave me the all clear.

24 hours later they rang me to let me know they missed the crack in my tibia. Next minute I was in a moon boot for 8 weeks!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Had a similar experience during a game, sharp stabbing pain in lower leg, couldn’t put weight on it without excruciating pain. Came off the ground before half time. Trainer diagnosed torn ankle ligaments and put a heat lamp on it. Walked on it for 2 days, so sore I booked in to see a physio on the Monday evening (Barry Gavin ex Hawthorn physio). He had a look at it and said “fractured fibula” get xrays tomorrow. He was right, 6 weeks in a cast.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I broke my leg playing soccer (didn’t know at the time) and drove 30 minutes home.

After being in pain that night my wife drove me to Knox Private. They took the x Rays and gave me the all clear.

24 hours later they rang me to let me know they missed the crack in my tibia. Next minute I was in a moon boot for 8 weeks!
I chipped a bone in my ankle in grade 4 at afternoon recess. Teacher told me not to take my shoe off or it would swell (more). No ice or any treatment at all.

Went to ride my bike home but trying to push the pedal was too painful. Walked home (pushing the bike), mostly uphill, about 2km.

Similar to you, I was in bed before parents were able to get me in for an X-ray that night.

Spent the next four weeks on crutches. I had never been so frustrated. One of my friends who wasn't the sporty type said he'd love to have a broken ankle to get out of P.E. and I seriously considered giving him one.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I chipped a bone in my ankle in grade 4 at afternoon recess. Teacher told me not to take my shoe off or it would swell (more). No ice or any treatment at all.

Went to ride my bike home but trying to push the pedal was too painful. Walked home (pushing the bike), mostly uphill, about 2km.

Similar to you, I was in bed before parents were able to get me in for an X-ray that night.

Spent the next four weeks on crutches. I had never been so frustrated. One of my friends who wasn't the sporty type said he'd love to have a broken ankle to get out of P.E. and I seriously considered giving him one.
Luxury

Our old Dad use to break our legs .......................

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users