Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Luxury.

Father used to use our head as football. Score 72 goals before sending us t’mill to work for 23
hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
When I was young, we were so poor that the only time I tasted hot food was when a rich man farted

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Some players just don't improve their endurance very much no matter how hard they train. Can't remember Maurice snr being lauded for his endurance. Many of these indigenous boys have fast twitch fibres for agility and speed, not endurance. Is our modern game of repeat runs up and down the ground squeezing them out?
I think he will be fine.
It's incumbent on the club and the coaches to find his best position. His kicking needs improvement, should be a coaching focus. For me his best position is as defensive pressure forward. Having a fit Lynch will benefit him, as Lynch at worst 50/50s marking contests. This brings players with skill and speed into the game moreso. Bolton plays high HF, with Maurice deeper forward, covering for Lynch and the resting Dusty/Taranto.

Last edited:
Need to get these kids to the club. They're already outperforming Maurice in shuttles.
Bloody wimpy little snot noses. Plovers never even went anywhere near them.
At least magpies will sneak up behind ya n give ya a tap in the buccanear if ya don't pay attention. Them *smile* sea gulls will steal the chips right out of your hand if ya blink n don't ever crank up the BBQ if there's a bunch of crazy emus hovering around. Those bastards will steal the snags n chops straight off the hot plate simply by leaning over your shoulder while you're cookin.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Bloody wimpy little snot noses. Plovers never even went anywhere near them.
At least magpies will sneak up behind ya n give ya a tap in the buccanear if ya don't pay attention. Them *smile* sea gulls will steal the chips right out of your hand if ya blink n don't ever crank up the BBQ if there's a bunch of crazy emus hovering around. Those bastards will steal the snags n chops straight off the hot plate simply by leaning over your shoulder while you're cookin.
My niece got "blinded" this year. She was riding her bike and a magpie swooped and hit her in the eye ball.
Has had 4 surgeries and may not recover her sight.

I *smile* hate birds. I've got a great story about an attack I had too...pretty funny in hindsight.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
My niece got "blinded" this year. She was riding her bike and a magpie swooped and hit her in the eye ball.

I *smile* hate birds. I've got a great story about an attack I had too...pretty funny in hindsight.
That's sad to hear General. Unfortunately those Maggies can be fairly aggressive bastards during nesting season and there's always a handful of people cop a nasty injury off them.

Rotten news General, best of luck for your neice and hope her eye comes good.

Reactions: 1 user

I was attacked by one as a kid. I was all of 4 years old and on my way to school. This magpie (which was regarded as ‘tame’ by a family in the street) swooped down and started pecking at me (according to the woman who thought of it as a ‘pet’, it was attracted by my bright yellow gumboots). Kicking at it had no effect, so as a 4 year old I freaked out and started crying, a bloke driving past in his car pulled up and the only way to get this bloody bird to leave me alone was to take off his belt and start swinging at it. That put it to flight. They’re arrogant, aggressive creatures, not unlike the team that has named itself after them.

From watching today's sim game, I don;'t think that he has improved, is still one dimensional, fumbled, bad disposal, was unsure and won't make it long term. I see others going past him.

I hope that I'm wrong, but he didn't really offer anything different today than in last year.

It's up to him...

Reactions: 3 users
From watching today's sim game, I don;'t think that he has improved, is still one dimensional, fumbled, bad disposal, was unsure and won't make it long term. I see others going past him.

I hope that I'm wrong, but he didn't really offer anything different today than in last year.

It's up to him...
I think that sums it up, Skiddy. There’s no real improvement to date. Improvement is everything.