Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Sure does They’re destroying MJ confidence Play him as a mid FFS
Well he's definitely cant play as a small forward looks lost and doesn't seem to have that natural small forward instinct. Maybe a preseason to build his tank and train and learn as a mid the guy's we have currently are not enough as we are constantly beaten in clearances.

Reactions: 1 users
Well he's definitely cant play as a small forward looks lost and doesn't seem to have that natural small forward instinct. Maybe a preseason to build his tank and train and learn as a mid the guy's we have currently are not enough as we are constantly beaten in clearances.
Wouldn't say constantly in clearances this year. We' re 9-12 this season. Would Rioli improve that? Four top teams are 1st, 5th, 7th and 9th in clearances. For round the ground clearances we're right there with 3 of the top 4. Only Brisbane has a vastly superior clearance count.

Reactions: 1 user
Our classy small forward cupboard is fairly bare , Coulthard and Cumberland look the only 2 close to that type who could make the grade

Maurice has been afforded opportunities at VFA level to get a kick. To do that he has to pick up the bloody football. And he has done that.

Given the softest of cuddles against Fitzroy seniors MoJu got three(?) touches in about a quarter of football. And looked reluctant to pick up the bloody football. Bugger. I was hoping we’d fixed that.

Do we send him back or give him another week?

Effectively a second year player I’m not drawing any conclusions but the youngster has had a mediocre year. 2YB? MaYB.

• Sad
Not sure what the point of him playing sub then coming on as a forward when he's been showing good signs in the vfl and developing his confidence as a mid. Would have thought another solid hit out with full midfield minutes in the vfl would have been much better for his development. Mini not doing himself any favours with his team selection of late.

Reactions: 12 users
Is it just me, or do others get the impression he falls over a lot when contesting the ball?

It seems like just when you think he's going to grab the pill and run off he fumbles and falls over.

Other little blokes like Bolton and Baker seem to be better at staying vertical.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it just me, or do others get the impression he falls over a lot when contesting the ball?

It seems like just when you think he's going to grab the pill and run off he fumbles and falls over.

Other little blokes like Bolton and Baker seem to be better at staying vertical.
Interesting you say that. Daniel used to go to ground a lot when he played as a forward too. Bolton, Cameron at Brissie, Betts etc, are/were very good at not going to ground.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure what the point of him playing sub then coming on as a forward when he's been showing good signs in the vfl and developing his confidence as a mid. Would have thought another solid hit out with full midfield minutes in the vfl would have been much better for his development. Mini not doing himself any favours with his team selection of late.
Exactly.

It’s not fair to compare anyone to Shai. His balance is supernatural.

• Love

Needs to build up his upper legs glutes and core strength which allows for stronger center of gravity, ones of the physical aspects that made Dusty so great, he 'd draw his opponents in to him then he'd lean into them and give the dont argue, that generated from strong core and legs through the upper body.

Bolton is Cat Like and a freak there is no one else in the comp like Shai, he is a magician, and has the best balance and evasion I've seen, even more amazing than Shane Edwards at his best. He migh on levitates and opposition become hypnotised.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users