Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

I’ll be shocked if he dosent line up against the Roos next week .

I think getting 13 odd tackles shows he’s workrate and concentration are where they should be , now not trying to be negative Nelly Korda , however how many of those tackles could have read the ball better and been first to it? How clean was he with the wet ball ? How was he’s basic disposal ?

MJ is been afforded a luxury many before haven’t been , in the fact that he has been poor in his chosen position, so he’s been given the role of run around free in the magoos and get as much footy as you can, which I think is a great idea.

I still have doubts if he makes the grade, however he’s last couple in the magoos can be seen as steps in the right direction, massive pre season ahead.

Reactions: 4 users
Here I was trying to immerse myself, somewhat reluctantly, into the over the top adulation of a great half of football in the Magoos and someone has to come along and spoil it by comparing him to his dad.
Come on now.
There is nothing remotely similar to the two players other than the surname. Not a hint of a trait.
You never saw an opponent lay a hand in Maurice. You never saw him go to ground, never saw him miss a target on either foot and most importantly never saw him refuse a phone call from the coach.
Let’s all calm the farm. He’s a work in progress
"Hasn't got the lateral movement of Senior, but I can see other similarities."

I’ll be shocked if he dosent line up against the Roos next week .

I think getting 13 odd tackles shows he’s workrate and concentration are where they should be , now not trying to be negative Nelly Korda , however how many of those tackles could have read the ball better and been first to it? How clean was he with the wet ball ? How was he’s basic disposal ?

MJ is been afforded a luxury many before haven’t been , in the fact that he has been i poor in his chosen position, so he’s been given the role of run around free in the magoos and get as much footy as you can, which I think is a great idea.

I still have doubts if he makes the grade, however he’s last couple in the magoos can be seen as steps in the right direction, massive pre season ahead.
He does seem too good for VFL but doesn't seem to translate that form into AFL for whatever reason. Still, he is young so there is time for him even if patience is wearing thin

Reactions: 1 user
Only two rounds left. Even though I think he'd profit from another two in the Magoos there is a long preseason ahead and MJ has to get more exposure in the ones IMO.

Time to level up.

Only two rounds left. Even though I think he'd profit from another two in the Magoos there is a long preseason ahead and MJ has to get more exposure in the ones IMO.

Time to level up.
But only if they don't try to bury him in the forward pocket again.

Not to sure I want to see him back in the seniors just yet, gunna be a heap of expectation and heat dumped on his head and with just two rounds to go. I'm not sure we'd be doing him any favours.
Season's nearly cooked and the magoos are looking like they can play finals this year. I'll be happy to see them keep Moju in the midfield and just let him run rampant at the in and under hustle and bustle, simply let him play footy for the rest of this year. Short n stumpy little brick shithouse under the packs scrubbing n shuffling the ball towards team mates and putting the frighteners up the opposition mids. Then put a big pre season into Moju and see what happens next year. Might just be the making of him as a player and certainly can't do him any harm, not sure I'd wish our senior performances on any of our youngsters at the moment.

Reactions: 3 users
But only if they don't try to bury him in the forward pocket again.

Not to sure I want to see him back in the seniors just yet, gunna be a heap of expectation and heat dumped on his head and with just two rounds to go. I'm not sure we'd be doing him any favours.
Season's nearly cooked and the magoos are looking like they can play finals this year. I'll be happy to see them keep Moju in the midfield and just let him run rampant at the in and under hustle and bustle, simply let him play footy for the rest of this year. Short n stumpy little brick shithouse under the packs scrubbing n shuffling the ball towards team mates and putting the frighteners up the opposition mids. Then put a big pre season into Moju and see what happens next year. Might just be the making of him as a player and certainly can't do him any harm, not sure I'd wish our senior performances on any of our youngsters at the moment.
I agree with you pretty much to the word, TM. Except I think that that with only two rounds to play we might as well roll the dice on MoJu.

I love to see a player get the cuddle. Play sub. Easiest job in football. Coulthard won us a game in the role. That might be the trick for next week.

On balance I think he plays ones for a fortnight.

I agree with you pretty much to the word, TM. Except I think that that with only two rounds to play we might as well roll the dice on MoJu.

I love to see a player get the cuddle. Play sub. Easiest job in football. Coulthard won us a game in the role. That might be the trick for next week.

On balance I think he plays ones for a fortnight.
Why not? In the ones. In the middle.

He does seem too good for VFL but doesn't seem to translate that form into AFL for whatever reason. Still, he is young so there is time for him even if patience is wearing thin
Patience wearing thin?
Or memory fading?
He was electric end of last year. He'll be back next year.

MRJ may look the goods at VFL level but for whatever reason is out of his depth at AFL level. A coaching problem?
Haven't seen many VFL games this year. Apparently been killing it in the midfield? Can't seem him making it as a forward, has no tricks.

Amazed he made it into the team, tbh. And playing him in the middle in the AFL is a pipe dream. Can’t get near it, pick it up, or stay on his feet. And for a guy with fresh legs, he looked slow as treacle.

Reactions: 1 users