Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

I suppose it is well past time that the Madonna farce must end.

What has happened? Looks like FJ has nailed our second round picks as well. Donuts, Beanstalk both look like players, turning point in recruitment?

The time before a senior debut is every new recruits honeymoon period.
Just hope he's as impressive at the higher level when he gets his opportunity.

Current graph is very promising. However no rush unless we are desperately short of smalls. Let him get development at Coburg this year and build his tank and contested ball skills playing midfield.

Tigers of Old said:
The time before a senior debut is every new recruits honeymoon period.
Just hope he's as impressive at the higher level when he gets his opportunity.

Reckon we as a supporter group have got smarter then that Tooheys.

Arnott got a pretty fair assessment once he started at AFL. I think Matt McD will be on par with Arnott at AFL level but is two years behind in development. McD arrived in pretty poor condition and has really worked himself into good shape. To play games in his first year is a huge effort. And they are not gifted, his form warrants it and we have injuries. It's perfect timing.

PJ in Osaka said:
What has happened? Looks like FJ has nailed our second round picks as well. Donuts, Beanstalk both look like players, turning point in recruitment?

Best to wait until they have a few seasons and games under their belts before we start singing Francis' praises.

Many thought he had nailed Griffiths and Astbury as well early doors.....

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Best to wait until they have a few seasons and games under their belts before we start singing Francis' praises.

Many thought he had nailed Griffiths and Astbury as well early doors.....

Dont forget the CONCA

Wow - everyone is waxing lyrical about players who have not even played AFL yet, or just a handful of games. Hope people are on the money - RFC rise depends on it. We so need to emulate system(s) of the Swans / Cats. They have debutants influencing games to get the 'W's, week in week out....have not seen this from our 2013 debutants yet. Playing solid on occasion, but not influencing. If we truly want to be among the top few sides, our youngsters are going to need to impact games, because that is the competition we face.

Matthew McDonough

Played a really good game through the midfield and up forward. Helped set up many scoring opportunities with his effective disposal. Tackle pressure and repeated efforts have become a highlight of his game.

"Fill it up again! Fill it up again! Once it hits your lips, it's so good!"

GoodOne said:
Could be time!
I reckon we could be fielding a couple of new faces early next year, with Beanie and Maradonna having another pre-season under their belt.

No rush, let him develop at Coburg. From what I have seen of him he has the skills just needs to sort out his fitness and body...he is carrying too much pud and if he hopes to have a career at AFL level needs to drop the puppy fat and replace it with muscle.

Ghost of 29 said:
No rush, let him develop at Coburg. From what I have seen of him he has the skills just needs to sort out his fitness and body...he is carrying too much pud and if he hopes to have a career at AFL level needs to drop the puppy fat and replace it with muscle.

Reminds me of Rockliff in that regard.

BrisTiger24 said:
Reminds me of Rockliff in that regard.

Not a bad call. Paul Chapman is another one that Matty is like. Make no mistake, this boy is a legit prospect.

Get excited.