Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Tigers of Old said:
'Wouldn't have thought so.' :hihi
Barnzy this isn't about Whitey or King for that matter, you were trumpeting all pre season how good Nahas was and how he was a 30+ goal kicker etc.
It's a classic look over there at the unwrapped comment to take away from the fact you've backed yet another spud.

Why can't you stick to the topic? Why the off topic bashing? Thought this thread was called Matt McDonough but maybe you're blind.

To address your point all ive ever said re Nahas is these last few years he's been our most consistent small forward and has kicked a lot of goals so he deserves some credit for that.

Never thought he'd be our long term small forward and have said we need to find more skilled upgrades. He's been sh!t this year and hasn't even come close to previous form for whatever reason.

If you want to try call me out you were backing McGuane to be a long term option as a forward after 10 barely okay games at best. What's more embarrassing? Come back to me when he's kicked over 20 goals let alone 30.

Another quality analysis from Chocco on the club's website. Really hope this kid works out for us. A small developing forward with elite skills and football nous would be a nice upgrade in our current side. Let's hope they can turn him into a forward-mid in the next couple of years, missing pieces would be coming together nicely.

Saw him pre-season training and he just looked to have some really nice skills about him. He's one of those guys who can do all these tricks with the ball which suggested to me that he is a 'sharp shooter' kind of guy. I love how Choco commended this pick, it's about time we got one right in the 40s. I hope time proves this draft to be a bumper for us.

I have seen this kid play twice for Coburg and there is something about him. He seems to be one of those players when there is a scrubby kick or someone misjudges the flight the ball ends in his hands.
I think this is what Chocco is talking about. Somehow some players seem to be where the ball is, it's an inate sense.
If McDonough is one of those they are worth their weight in gold. 8 possessions, 4 goals and you can't remember him doing anything special. Kicks arrow straight.
Hope so.

Sintiger said:
If McDonough is one of those they are worth their weight in gold.

Right now that would be a lot of gold - needs to turn some of the puppy fat into muscle

24 touches :eek:

not bad for a bloke who took a six pack of jam donuts to his first training session.

must be running out games nicely.

exciting times!

From the Coburg report:

Matthew McDonough

Had a very solid game through the midfield, picking up 20 contested possessions and 15 clearances. Was one of our best players on a day where we were well beaten in the midfield. Continues to improve in all areas of his game.

Wow. Get him in.

Time to end the Madonna farce.

Carter said:
24 touches :eek:

not bad for a bloke who took a six pack of jam donuts to his first training session.

must be running out games nicely.

exciting times!

They would have been the low-fat high GI jam donuts, wouldn't they?

TOT70 said:
They would have been the low-fat high GI jam donuts, wouldn't they?

Morris has three hot cross or fruit buns before a game