Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

CC TIGER said:
At least they are playin him in his natural position now , time to play there at senior level....thumping set shot goal yesterday

rover?

Stig, can you please pass on, many people don't want to see cheap wins with people who won't be around in our next premiership.

Please start planning for tomorrow, rather than sugar coating today.

This kid was one of the reasons the ressies were doing well in the first half. Looked lightning fast and in form, then hurt himself. 2015 to be a breakout year.

I will be very disappointed if the Tigers don't hang onto McDonough.
Reckon he could become a pretty handy player over the next few seasons if given a decent chance, particularly if thrown up forward.

My expecations are that he can develop into a solid b-grade player, adding a bit of cream to a very good team. Expect him to be a regular next year and really start to turn it on in 2-3 years.

Bullarto Tiger said:
I will be very disappointed if the Tigers don't hang onto McDonough.
Reckon he could become a pretty handy player over the next few seasons if given a decent chance, particularly if thrown up forward.

Youngster performing well in the 2's, probably should've been given more games. Why would they get rid of him?

Then again they just re-signed a player who was past it 2 years ago so who knows with this club.

Very surprised he hasn't got more of a go this season. Seems to play well in the 2s every time I've seen him.

IMO he's gone after the newman announcement today. if i were in his shoes i'd want out, thats for sure.

Tigers of Old said:
Is Newman's re-signing further confirmation that he's departing elsewhere....?

I think so. I've had an inkling he is leaving still the start of the year. Really hope not.

Ian4 said:
IMO he's gone after the newman announcement today. if i were in his shoes i'd want out, thats for sure.
Gen Y crap, geezus get a bloody kick & force your way into the side is the thing to do, ala Miles

I quite like him but this is so over the top

taztiger4 said:
Gen Y crap, geezus get a bloody kick & force your way into the side is the thing to do, ala Miles

So Miles forced his way into the GWS side?
Oh, you mean since he got to Richmond and only after Astbury and King went down with long term injury.

Miles couldn't get a game because there were players in front of him at GWS.
He was delisted because he couldn't get a game.
McDonough can't get a game because players like Newman are in front of him.

taztiger4 said:

agree!

Sometimes players aren't picked because they are not improving on aspects of their game they have been specifically asked to improve on regardless of overall form
RedanTiger said:
So Miles forced his way into the GWS side?
Oh, you mean since he got to Richmond and only after Astbury and King went down with long term injury.

Miles couldn't get a game because there were players in front of him at GWS.
He was delisted because he couldn't get a game.
McDonough can't get a game because players like Newman are in front of him.
Miles admitted that after being delisted, he realised there were parts of his game need work, and he busted his arse to improve them. I'm sure if McDonough does the same, he will move in front of Newman or whoever and get plenty of games.

Tigers of Old said:
Is Newman's re-signing further confirmation that he's departing elsewhere....?
Surely Madonna will end up playing forward with stints in the midfield, and not half back flank. I think this year was more about development for him. I understand that there were similarities this year, but don't see the connection of their roles longer term.

Perhaps Newman's retention is more closely linked with Dea.