Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

Tigerflag2008 said:
Yes, I think so (I believe it is the version of English used).

Either way, we are in for a sh!tfight.

:hihi

nikolasmia said:
MOrris is a quick tight checking small defender who has trouble finding the ball
McDonough is a one paced ball winner, who lacks the speed to cover players like Eddie Betts

Edited for accuracy

Leysy Days said:
Complete Farce. Wow. Have we ever called that before.

Exciting times on PRE.

I'm going with utter farce.

TigerForce said:
Losing your memory Leysy Boy. ;D Remember the outcry on here for Tucky......the farce to beat all farces.

Phantom said:
As many PREnders are aware, each year we award the Shane Tuck Medal to a player, in a season, that comes from the outside to get place in the senior team purely on weight of performance. Unofficially the antithesis to a Coach's Pet Award.

Shane Tuck, to whom this Medal was struck, was the inaugural winner.

Phantom said:
As many PREnders are aware, each year we award the Shane Tuck Medal to a player, in a season, that comes from the outside to get place in the senior team purely on weight of performance. Unofficially the antithesis to a Coach's Pet Award.

Shane Tuck, to whom this Medal was struck, was the inaugural winner.

Must be in our constitution Redan.

Tucky not being given a game in the 1sts was definitely the biggest farcen farce in our recent history. ;D

i think you're all taking this a little too far....................................ce :theyareontome

may the farce be with us.....

My goodness, I'd forgotten about the Shane Tuck Award!

Some wonderful winners of the award over the years - Tuck, Foley, et al.

McDonough would qualify.

Miles, based on the 1st half of the season, too.

Phantom said:
My goodness, I'd forgotten about the Shane Tuck Award!

Some wonderful winners of the award over the years - Tuck, Foley, et al.

McDonough would qualify.

Miles, based on the 1st half of the season, too.

Joint winners in my book!

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=15&pid1=3835&tid2=15&pid2=334&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Not a lot in it on the face of it.
From 11 games this year, 32 year old Chris Newman has average 13 disposals a game and has managed a grand total of 4 goals playing a predominantly attacking role this year.
Still does the odd few good things a game as you'd expect from the former skipper but he's been clearly in decline for a few season's now and is currently having little impact on games.
His leadership is now only of mild importance.

Alternatively 20 year old McDonough may or may not make it over the long term as he appears to have some deficiencies.
However on the back of some strong VFL form this season, the time is overdue where he deserves opportunities to improve at AFL level.

I hope Hardwick is tapping a certain veteran on the shoulder over the break and organising a farewell game.

Me too. It would probably be the final game of the year, although that's in Sydney, so it may be the penultimate round, however the player in question keeps making comments that indicate he's seriously considering soldiering on for another season. If he would come out and say that's he's going to retire at the end of the season or after he reaches his milestone it would be a good thing for the club. They could fire themselves up for that game and commence discussions with the rest of the group about keeping players like McDonough on for the future with a view to developing them. There seems to be a lot of eyes on the present at the club and not too many on the future and that's a genuine concern for the supporters.

Its newman or mcD club has to make the call

I'd rather Newman played next year than we take another rookie on. That's all Newman costs because he's a veteran -- a rookie spot.

Agreed.

No point taking a chance on the next Nipper Miles. Get you nowhere.

I don't know about anyone else but I sure as hell want to see an 11th premiership.
Please Damian start planning for the future because the present is rubbish.

Disco said:
I don't know about anyone else but I sure as hell want to see an 11th premiership.
Please Damian start planning for the future because the present is rubbish.

good post. we are mucking around in trying to stabilise the present.

dimma has lost the plot, let's face it.

Carter said:
good post. we are mucking around in trying to stabilise the present.

dimma has lost the plot, let's face it.
Yep, I've said it before. The club is now gun-shy when it comes to making decisions. Concerned of the backlash from knee jerk actions (ie: sacking coaches), the club has now gone too far the other way.
Assess each situation as it arises. Different circumstances call for different reactions.

Kicked 2 good goals not a bad effort after flying back on the red eye from perth .He's got the talent just lack's the fitness at this stage has the same body shape as lloyd not cut yet .

At least they are playin him in his natural position now , time to play there at senior level....thumping set shot goal yesterday