Matthew McDonough | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew McDonough

Re: Welcome Matthew McDonough at pick 42

He may well have been handled an educated well by the footy department, personally think he is our best small forward option, natural footballer with very good natural goal sense....in the starting 22 for the rest of the season

Wouldn't mind Madonna getting a few more senior games to finish the season off, a forward run or two would be handy as well. Does any one know how he went at the Cattery last night?

TigerMasochist said:
Wouldn't mind Madonna getting a few more senior games to finish the season off, a forward run or two would be handy as well. Does any one know how he went at the Cattery last night?
Friend of mine who went to the game said he was instrumental in the win and should get his spot back in the seniors.

MB78 said:
He has done enough the last two weeks in the VFL to come back. He needs to be played across the midfield and forward of cente. He could be rotated with Edwards between forward and midfield. Time to have a good look at him.

I expect him back in the team next week.

22 disposals (13 contested), 7 clearances, 11 tackles.

Dimma pls. Play the boy.

If he walks I'll be furious.

Absolutley dead set must play before Morris..Newman ..houli or foley

We need to play Madonna and drop Chris "the General" Newman. Otherwise his ok body will end up having his contract renewed next year (see the 2015 willie/won'ty story). Which by the way I might be ok with if it was a VFL one year captain's gig.

arlobill said:
Absolutley dead set must play before Morris..Newman ..houli or foley

IMO those stats are the reason he shouldn't be played ahead of morris or houli. When he plays he needs to be part of the midfield rotation. I would rather he stay at vfl for a few more weeks than play in the BP in the AFL.

Chris Newman is the one holding him back. Newie is a nowhere player these days moderately effective as a back or forward but a veteran footballer clearly in decline.
He is now smack bang in the way of development.

Smoking Aces said:
Matt McDonough
Played a really solid game, starting forward and then moving into the midfield. Had 25 touches and used the ball extremely well. Stoppage and contested work again were features of his performance.

Has produced this sort of form the last few weeks. Surely a call up to the team is near at the expense of at least Nahas.
SCOOP said:
22 disposals (13 contested), 7 clearances, 11 tackles.

Dimma pls. Play the boy.

If he walks I'll be furious.
Has consistently produced these sort of numbers when playing midfield at VFL.
The kid has talent. It's a farce that he hasn't been playing. We have missed a very good opportunity to get 15-20 games under his belt this year.

Smoking Aces said:
Has consistently produced these sort of numbers when playing midfield at VFL.
The kid has talent. It's a farce that he hasn't been playing. We have missed a very good opportunity to get 15-20 games under his belt this year.

damn straight Aces, I can handle Lennon pushed back to learn he can't squib it but Plugga has been fantastic this year.

Yep, leysy calls farce.

Release little Plugger.

Yes.

Has had the makings of a farce since he was dropped after the North game.

His last two weeks have moved this from a small farce to a proper farce.

If he doesn't get a call up next round we will have a complete farce on our hands.

Complete Farce. Wow. Have we ever called that before.

Exciting times on PRE.

Play the kid as a mid/fwd. You may surprise yourself again Dimma.

Season is shot, and even if we miraculously made it into the finals, I would rather do it by blooding those youngsters we have who are quality and have a future. Afterall, Miles is playing seniors, and everyone around him has lifted by 25%, so end of story. Play the kid.

Leysy Days said:
Complete Farce. Wow. Have we ever called that before.

Exciting times on PRE.

The Complete Farce. dont leave us much room to move. but, yeah nah, I agree.