Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Re: Pick 42 Matt Thomas

His only 26, he looks 46. But how good is it to see 2 pack busters.
I hope he and miles get the call up.
Darrou has No Chance and Big O 50-50

zippadeee said:
His only 26, he looks 46. But how good is it to see 2 pack busters.
I hope he and miles get the call up.
Darrou has No Chance and Big O 50-50
Nailed it there, zips. When the game started and he popped up I kept thinking, 'who's the old bloke wearing 19?'

Orren's only hope if via a need because of Maric injury, otherwise it's Thomas/Miles

I wonder if they will give Banfield a run in the Essendon game - they were pretty keen to grab him ahead of Brisbane in the rookie draft, would seem strange not to have him playing unless he's got a niggle or just hasn't performed on the training track.

Haven't seen any vision, so just going off the reports on here. Glad to see Empty had a solid first run. Go get 'em son!

Loved his line in his interview with Richo about more people watching training at richmond than games at port.

Elevated so congrats to our very own Thomas the battle tank engine.

Thomas is just what the doctor ordered IMO... Cotch protection. Another handy BH acquisition.

He will better then longergan, farmer and every other dud we have picked from Port.

seems we have an exchange program with port

He will better then longergan, farmer and every other dud we have picked from Port.

Pleased for Thomas, I hope he's a late bloomer. 27 touches against the Bummers was a great effort, let's hope that translates to the season proper.

Don't dislike Thomas but I would've gone Miles.

Having said that fully expect him to play the first few rounds.

SCOOP said:
Don't dislike Thomas but I would've gone Miles.

Having said that fully expect him to play the first few rounds.

Same - I saw miles as a potential goal kicking rover which we have lacked since Foley got injured - we will see what Thomas has and hope he does well.

Stylo said:
Thomas is just what the doctor ordered IMO... Cotch protection. Another handy BH acquisition.

Agreed.
Was sick of seeing Cotch having to extract and do the run and carry, and being driven into the turf every second minute.
Hampson and Thomas the extractor will ensure we get majority first use and give it to the blokes who can use it.

I just hope we see more than 5 kicks & 10 hand passes per match. This was always my gripe with Thomas at Port, he never really lifted his game to the next level. If he ups the ante and has a mini renaissance then all credit goes out to Hartley, if not then bring in Miles ASAP.

being this is his last chance at his 2nd Club i dare say he'll lift on that, he has in the pre season & will hopefully keep that up in the season proper