Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Would much prefer Mcdonna on our list than Thomas and play him as a forward. Won't be happening though.

lamb22 said:
Come on Dimma wont cut Matt loose. We are just coming into the golden age of super forward-line play with Thomas, Townsend and Morris down there to give Griff and Gordon a hand.

i must say i think it is freakin hilarious every time you repeat this *smile*.....

Brodders17 said:
i must say i think it is freakin hilarious every time you repeat this sh!t.....

Yep, just doesn't get old at all. What makes it super funny is that Thomas never plays forward, Morris hasn't since round 10ish, Gordon rarely plays seniors and Jacobsen will play midfield.

I'm a big fan of absurdist humour though so all good.

antman said:
Yep, just doesn't get old at all. What makes it super funny is that Thomas never plays forward, Morris hasn't since round 10ish, Gordon rarely plays seniors and Jacobsen will play midfield.

Yes, but then he doesn't have an argument. How many games did Thomas play in the ones this year? Not many.

CarnTheTiges said:
Yes, but then he doesn't have an argument. How many games did Thomas play in the ones this year? Not many.

Not argue'ing with you mate but he is still a good depth player, should be considered a 35-40 list player but in reality 1st or 2nd inside mid back up... He finished 2nd in VFL medal...

antman said:

Might have missed something but who is Jacobsen?

Great effort to play 100 AFL games.

Can take heart that he was excellent his final hit out against the Bombers late in the season.

Enjoy retirement, Matt.

Congrats Matt. Your heart and bravery were never in doubt.

Wonder if the concussion late season was a factor in his retirement?

Number8 said:
Great effort to play 100 AFL games.

Can take heart that he was excellent his final hit out against the Bombers late in the season.

Enjoy retirement, Matt.

Fair call, anyone who manages 100 games deserves acknowledgement.

He was clearly super professional in his preparation and how he applied himself.

Always admire those that get the most out of their abilities. Well done Matt, all the best in retirement.

bullus_hit said:
Fair call, anyone who manages 100 games deserves acknowledgement.

Yep. I wouldn't have minded another season from him as he looked like a good back-up, but it seems he's burnt out.

Rancey18 said:
Always admire those that get the most out of their abilities. Well done Matt, all the best in retirement.

Well said. I would love for him to be our VFL captain.

MB78 said:
Well said. I would love for him to be our VFL captain.

Na Matty Dea for VFL captain if it was my choice
Was in our junior leadership squad, is very vocal on the ground & in the huddle, a leader