Matt Thomas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Thomas

Congrats on making 100 games, and for your services to the RFC!

Played his part when he was needed, and assisted the VFL team in development. Best of luck post your AFL career!

I hope he is retained on our VFL list. He would have a few years left of decent football at that level.

“I want to thank both Richmond and Port Adelaide for giving me the opportunity to play AFL football, especially Richmond for giving me a second chance,” Thomas said.

“Now is the right time to retire. I feel I have got everything I can out of my ability and have no regrets.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Richmond and thank you to all the Tiger fans for their support.

“I sincerely hope the club enjoy the success it deserves in the future.”

se7en said:
“I want to thank both Richmond and Port Adelaide for giving me the opportunity to play AFL football, especially Richmond for giving me a second chance,” Thomas said.

“Now is the right time to retire. I feel I have got everything I can out of my ability and have no regrets.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Richmond and thank you to all the Tiger fans for their support.

One thing I've noticed recently is how the guys who have come from other clubs consider themselves to be former Richmond players first and foremost. Lonergan, Knights and Petterd all considered this to be the case, despite playing the majority of their careers at other clubs. We must be doing something right in the culture department.

Rancey18 said:
One thing I've noticed recently is how the guys who have come from other clubs consider themselves to be former Richmond players first and foremost. Lonergan, Knights and Petterd all considered this to be the case, despite playing the majority of their careers at other clubs. We must be doing something right in the culture department.

Cuz too when he departed, was very gracious towards the Tigers.

Leysy Days said:
Can't believe his excellent footskills didnt save him, eh Toothless Tim. :hihi

Yeah not Tim's finest line of argument.

Thomas will always have his missus to head home to.

Tigers of Old said:
Pretty ordinary kick of the ball but did have pretty good hands in close. Hasn't been the worst rookie pickup we've ever had.
Nothing was picked after him in the Rookie Draft he went in, so we didn't miss out on anything.

jb03 said:
Yeah not Tim's finest line of argument.

Thomas will always have his missus to head home to.
Do I have a finest line of argument? ;D

But I still say his disposal wasn't that bad! :help

se7en said:

That's a pretty classy exit.

se7en said:

Does anyone know what Matt Thomas is doing in 2016

Don't know.

But a bloke pretending to be his dad, is on ports website calling Boak a a pea heart and Tex a slimy thug.Saying the club should be burnt to the ground, and the fan forum closed as all the posters are not worthy of calling themselves true supporters.