Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

So we were woke when we win three flags, now we are not winning flags it's because we are woke

Totally makes sense

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I knew a trainee physio who worked with Burge and Rob and he reckoned they were absolute guns at what they did. No stone left unturned. Serious, serious guys but very good guys to boot.

Lets face it, we've lost a LOT of good people the last few years. It's a worry with Gale now leaving as well.
While l totally respect and appreciate all Benny has done to produce a club capable of such amazing success over the 2017-20 period, we also have to face the facts: that he has presided over the current period where so many good people have departed.
And where has it got us? Where does his genuine commitment lie, now he is effectively a 'lame duck' CEO. Which job is he truly focused on? The one he is currently being paid for, or the "exciting new challenge" he is going to?
I'm not at all happy or impressed. First year ever in his reign where l didn't even get my membership mail out.
And the injury debacles, the embarrassing performances/thrashings right up to the lame effort in Dusty's 300th.
Are we headed back to the doldrums? So soon? So fast? I want strong, dedicated and deadeye focused people working for RFC's success, onfield and off.
Despite his protestations the club is in a good space, the evidence is not apparent. If Dusty, Baker and Shai depart, that will be absolutely confirmed.

Reactions: 1 users
When your girlfriend walks into the room - straight past you!

And straight past me! And into the arms of the loving Luke Meehan I say that we have failed.

I do not blame our girlfriends. They are free and powerful. And despite your many public failures I do not blame you. Or even me for those matters that if they should ever become public, might, by the least knowlegeable, be considered less than ideal. Or you mum.

When you say that I am a narcissist I say that I am not yet that successful and put you in a long arm bar. (Just for a joke - long arm bars are easily broken.)

But let us get back to the melodrama of Australian Interpretations Football misdiagnosis! All power to *smile* up!

But Luke Meehan. With his girth and his real titties. He *smile* our girlfriends. Oh. They love only him.

He hurts our players. Them and the wives. He is a one-man soviet of wife annhilation/seduction.

Little Ivvy left the club because Luke the woman's man. (Play Bee Gees song.)

Luke Meehan is DP everybody.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
When your girlfriend walks into the room - straight past you!

And straight past me! And into the arms of the loving Luke Meehan I say that we have failed.

I do not blame our girlfriends. They are free and powerful. And despite your many public failures I do not blame you. Or even me for those matters that if they should ever become public, might, by the least knowlegeable, be considered less than ideal. Or you mum.

When you say that I am a narcissist I say that I am not yet that successful and put you in a long arm bar. (Just for a joke - long arm bars are easily broken.)

But let us get back to the melodrama of Australian Interpretations Football misdiagnosis! All power to *smile* up!

But Luke Meehan. With his girth and his real titties. He *smile* our girlfriends. Oh. They love only him.

He hurts our players. Them and the wives. He is a one-man soviet of wife annhilation/seduction.

Little Ivvy left the club because Luke the woman's man. (Play Bee Gees song.)

Luke Meehan is DP everybody.

I’m ashamed my girlfriends are my mum and I think also my wife and also with the USSR Meehan. But I’m glad it’s all out now.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
What do you base this on? Especially given it was supported by the AFL itself.
The voice had nothing to do with footy. That's it, a footy club should be 100% footy. The AFL is the last organisation to follow based on principals. They manipulate, deceive and treat fans like idiots. They create a perception of having standards while producing results that degrade the competitions standards - the recent change of "interpretation" on holding the ball is yet another example. Yet they created the problem of concussion because they would wait to long to blow the whistle causing players to become more aggressive and hold a player for longer. The AFL are hypocritical, deceptive flogs. They produce results consistently on this basis. Hardly an organisation to admire unless you like being manipulated, deceived and being disingenuous.

The voice had nothing to do with footy. That's it, a footy club should be 100% footy. The AFL is the last organisation to follow based on principals. They manipulate, deceive and treat fans like idiots. They create a perception of having standards while producing results that degrade the competitions standards - the recent change of "interpretation" on holding the ball is yet another example. Yet they created the problem of concussion because they would wait to long to blow the whistle causing players to become more aggressive and hold a player for longer. The AFL are hypocritical, deceptive flogs. They produce results consistently on this basis. Hardly an organisation to admire unless you like being manipulated, deceived and being disingenuous.

You haven't answered the question. The club supporting the voice does not mean it took its eye of football. So again what do you base the claim that the club took its eye of the game in favour of The Voice?

You really think the club supporting the voice has had an impact on our on field performance?? FMD.
A small part. Gale is going to leave the club when our injury list has never been greater which has created our season. In 2022 he did not read the room well inn relation to Hardwick's sausage being cooked. Burge left in 2022 - apparently his assistant was the best person for the job. Really? Multiple good people off field are leaving at once. It all adds to Gale not doing a great job in the last few years. It all adds up and indicate the footy focus has not been the number one priority in recent years. Gale is going to leave the club in a vulnerable and poor state off field. Meehan is one example and part of the poor performance in 23 and 24.

Reactions: 1 user
The club supporting the voice does not mean it took its eye of football.
In theory it does not. Reality is, there is only so much time in the day. If you are burning time on non related football agenda's then you are spending less time on football.

In theory it does not. Reality is, there is only so much time in the day. If you are burning time on non related football agenda's then you are spending less time on football.
I disagree whole heartedly, and this kind of opinion is not one based in reality of a corporate organisation.

You think footy staff were the ones focusing on the Voice?

I guarantee the backlash of NOT recognising the Voice would have been a far larger distraction. Nearly every single large public facing organisation got ahead of the Voice for that exact reason.

Reactions: 3 users
Supporting the Voice doesn't appear to be effecting the Swans too much. Or Carlton. Or the Pies last year.

Reactions: 2 users
A small part. Gale is going to leave the club when our injury list has never been greater which has created our season. In 2022 he did not read the room well inn relation to Hardwick's sausage being cooked. Burge left in 2022 - apparently his assistant was the best person for the job. Really? Multiple good people off field are leaving at once. It all adds to Gale not doing a great job in the last few years. It all adds up and indicate the footy focus has not been the number one priority in recent years. Gale is going to leave the club in a vulnerable and poor state off field. Meehan is one example and part of the poor performance in 23 and 24.
Who were the other options? And how did their CVs stack up against Meehan's?

It appears Meehan hasn't done a great job, but no one on here can say he shouldn't have been appointed because they were not involved in the process.

And linking his appointment to the voice is ridiculous.

The AFL is the last organisation to follow based on principals. They manipulate, deceive and treat fans like idiots.
Agreee with this. The AFL appears to be an organisation that forms policy almost entirely on their desired image, rather than actual principle.
Richmond of the last 15 years appears to be the opposite, and this has been true whilst we have been winning, and when we have not

Its not football staff so there's no taking the eye off football. You may as well say why are we running the Wantirna Club or other revenue raising activities.

Do we ask whoever let McRae and Adam Kingsley walk only to lose Hardwick so soon after whether they didn’t have their finger on the pulse?
Are the same people those who signed off on top up players thinking we could steal another Premiership and grossly over estimated our list?
Were the same people too timid in aggressively trading of picks to better our draft hand since 2021.
Did the same people sign off on Luke Meehan because they believe in internal promotion and advancement as a policy over getting best possible candidates through a wide searching recruitment drive?
Hope the club is asking themselves these questions.
From the outside it almost seems like we’ve taken our eye of the prize.
Time for the new President to make his mark

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
All valuable points the biggest question should be pointed at the footy department Livingstone, Hartley and Benny buck stops with them.