Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

Wasnt Rob our Rehab guy ?

Ripping bloke, used to run into him a lot in Richmond as he lived down the road a bit

Edit, yes I was correct :)

View attachment 23244

So Rob left in 2020 just after his and our third premiership.

I remember him pulling young players aside in particular if they had a bad running gait that was likely to cause injury and spending a couple of weeks on their running style only before allowing them to rejoin the main group.
It's not that we didn't have injuries over his time but he certainly seemed to have them ready and durable when he got them back.
Isn't Burge on record as saying he left St Kilda as they didn't buy into his tough regime? So Burge built them up to breaking point and Rob fixed them.

Good career move by Rob, good luck to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I knew a trainee physio who worked with Burge and Rob and he reckoned they were absolute guns at what they did. No stone left unturned. Serious, serious guys but very good guys to boot.

Lets face it, we've lost a LOT of good people the last few years. It's a worry with Gale now leaving as well.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15 users
Lol even in his latest injury update video the bloke is clueless to what's going on, its like he's just guessing and hoping for the best how is this guy not sacked for gross incompetence immediately is beyond me

Reactions: 1 users
I knew a trainee physio who worked with Burge and Rob and he reckoned they were absolute guns at what they did. No stone left unturned. Serious, serious guys but very good guys to boot.

Lets face it, we've lost a LOT of good people the last few years. It's a worry with Gale now leaving as well.
The joint is becoming a rabble.

Reactions: 1 user
What does this actually mean and what does it have to do with Luke Meehan?
You take your focus away from having standards from discipline and merit based appointments and degrade your standards by putting shallow words and virtue signalling before the importance of merit and results. When it comes to Meehan, we went for the an assistant which is now clear was not based on merit as has been indicated by his "broad" assessments that he struggles to have a grasp of a rehab program. When Burge left there was no media about us getting the "best person available". The players keep on breaking down and the return times frames seem to extend more often than not. He seems a nice bloke. But who gives a f*** about nice blokes when it comes to results.

Reactions: 2 users
You take your focus away from having standards from discipline and merit based appointments and degrade your standards by putting shallow words and virtue signalling before the importance of merit and results.

When have we put virtue signalling before results?

As a club, we’re quickly learning that being woke and pursuing social justice, means very little to the membership once you stop winning games of football.
The AFL and clubs gets paid or incentivised to push the ESG BS as does every other corporate and business.

Its not because they actually give a stuff about it it is because its $$$, and by product of a thing called social engineering.

Reactions: 3 users
The AFL and clubs gets paid or incentivised to push the ESG BS as does every other corporate and business.

Its not because they actually give a stuff about it it is because its $$$, and by product of a thing called social engineering.
Think Peggy and Gale were genuine in their pursuit and support of social and community programs. Genuine energy and time and resources were certainly devoted to it. And we were applauded and revered for it whilst we simultaneously won games.
Now that we are losing it will be interesting to see where the energy is expended.
Luke Meehan’s immediate future will demonstrate whether there are any claws left in the Tiger boardroom.
Supporters will demand some strong action and will start voting with their feet if clear, concise and strong management isn’t displayed across the board because as our x coach often said, we’re in a results based business.