Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

Don’t think we can blame Meehan for this , however sadly I read Coxy from the girls team has done her ACL , is she the 10th ACL for the club in 2024…crazy stuff

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Don’t think we can blame Meehan for this , however sadly I read Coxy from the girls team has done her ACL , is she the 10th ACL for the club in 2024…crazy stuff
They have their own guy.
But terrible news no less

What a silly proposition. How is getting someone to focus on mental strength being woke? Emma Murray worked with the players on a mental side of the game. That is what the club needs to focus on. Fitness, strength, mental strength, winning mentality, belief again. Winning games and getting the last 5% out of the players to be their best is where the club needs to focus on. Not in should we vote yes or no or other non football / woke related matters.
I was being ironic. Emma Murray was the best thing. Was at Greville Records for the launch of Yellow and Black and she took us through a visualisation exercise.

Heard McQualter on 3AW yesterday. He was most impressed with the standards at training when he first went to the Demons. Does that mean we had poor training standards. If so I think this may be the reason for our lack of run and poor disposals

Heard McQualter on 3AW yesterday. He was most impressed with the standards at training when he first went to the Demons. Does that mean we had poor training standards. If so I think this may be the reason for our lack of run and poor disposals
What did you expect him to say?
Melbourne have the worse training facilities in the game..
They don't have a high performance centre.
Not sure Quack Quack knows what he is talking about

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
What did you expect him to say?
Melbourne have the worse training facilities in the game..
They don't have a high performance centre.
Not sure Quack Quack knows what he is talking about
Strange to think this but I think we accept mediocrity in training standards. Train poorly play poorly. I do not see training but would be interested in the opinion of those that do

Strange to think this but I think we accept mediocrity in training standards. Train poorly play poorly. I do not see training but would be interested in the opinion of those that do
It could be argued that training standards slipped towards the end of Dimma's time at Richmond.

It was noted, repeatedly, in the pre-season training reports how drills were constantly stopped and players instructed (repeatedly) on skills, execution, positioning etc. There was a noticeable change and focus on "getting it right".

It may have dropped off a little during the season, but with so few players training at time and coaches filling in, training was disjointed for a while. The past few weeks have seen a slight change (also noted in the Training thread) about the change in focus (i.e. new drills etc.) and the stronger/stricter coaching. But training is training. At time it clicks during a game. At times it doesn't.

Reactions: 2 users
Our training is a clone to the way we play.
Training crap = play crap

Tim Livingstone was interviewed on the Talking Tigers podcast last week.

Not sure how many listened to it but the critics of our program would be encouraged but also discouraged by it. He did talk about strength and conditioning and said that whilst many of our injuries were collision type injuries and in that sense bad luck, we also had too many soft tissue injuries. He said that it was being reviewed in total (the program) but also on an individual player basis.

I didn't get the view there would be wholesale changes but then again I wouldn't expect him to say it if there were.

This clown has been in charge of the worst injury list in the AFL for 2 years straight. That’s enough evidence for me to sack him. It’s no surprise as most of us were questioning his credentials to begin with. Sometimes promoting from within isn’t the best way to go about things.

Reactions: 3 users