Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

Apple phone charger cords that regularly & randomly stop working. Also the plethora of different attachments for devices.

No idea about anything Apple (apart from a few Beatles records, oh, and Badfinger's first album), but I'm with you on attachments.

Just make everything USB-C, it plugs in whatever way you want and unlike mini-USB doesn't wear out after a couple of uses.

Bigwow, I agree. Never knew going through charging cables was an issue. Until recently I had a OnePlus, now I have a Samsung and it didn't come with a cord, so I just keep using the OnePlus cord which must be over 5 years old.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
People who get in line at the already occupied pump to suit their petrol tank (ie if their tank is on the left they only want a bowser on the left) when there’s plenty of right hand bowsers free to use.

Newsflash! The petrol pumps extend all the way to get to the opposite side of your car!

Reactions: 1 users
People who get in line at the already occupied pump to suit their petrol tank (ie if their tank is on the left they only want a bowser on the left) when there’s plenty of right hand bowsers free to use.

Newsflash! The petrol pumps extend all the way to get to the opposite side of your car!
let em go. leaves free bowsers for those of us who worked what the long hose is for!

"It's tooo haaard"

Don't want that scungy old fuel hosing dragging along the back n side of the car. Aussies been forced to line up in neat little lines n wait for 40 odd years now. The sheeples are very well trained now.

People who dive up the wrong lane and then push in. The worst has to be heading North into StKilda Junction and they change into a lane which goes straight and then push in to the Punt Rd lane. I would put cops there and fine the lot of them (they are changing lanes over a solid line, it is an offence). If the line to turn into Punt Rd is too long I change to the lane to my left, go up StKilda Rd for a block and get to Punt Rd that way.

If you are in the go straight lane, you go straight, if you are in the lane which must turn, you turn.

It really makes the traffic so much worse and the sense of entitlement pisses me off.

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
People who dive up the wrong lane and then push in. The worst has to be heading North into StKilda Junction and they change into a lane which goes straight and then push in to the Punt Rd lane. I would put cops there and fine the lot of them (they are changing lanes over a solid line, it is an offence). If the line to turn into Punt Rd is too long I change to the lane to my left, go up StKilda Rd for a block and get to Punt Rd that way.

If you are in the go straight lane, you go straight, if you are in the lane which must turn, you turn.

It really makes the traffic so much worse and the sense of entitlement pisses me off.

DS
I’ve had this debate on a local FB page where some say this is what you should do, they call it “zip merger” and they claim it creates less logjam.

I responded with “so if there’s a queue at the supermarket you just go straight to the top of the queue and say “it’s ok, I’m zip merging””?

“Get stuffed smartarse” …..

Reactions: 3 users

DS
Does my head in. The ahole who flies up the outside to get a one car ahead advantage, only to run into a heap of parked cars or a 2 lane into one situation, often knowing that's exactly what's going to happen to them. Then, they want to push in....no indicator ....nothing... and you're expected to jump on the brakes and accede to their behaviour.

I have a rule with those people. If they use an indicator, I let them in. Even if they are dheads. At least they've shown a little bit of courtesy. No indicator = zero courtesy.....so go *** yourself.

That doesn't bother me because it leaves a pump free for me

I’ve had this debate on a local FB page where some say this is what you should do, they call it “zip merger” and they claim it creates less logjam.

I responded with “so if there’s a queue at the supermarket you just go straight to the top of the queue and say “it’s ok, I’m zip merging””?

“Get stuffed smartarse” …..
Tell them that zip merging is when cars merge one at a time, not 6 cars to 1.

DS
Yes very annoying, just like when a lane is closed due to roadworks. There's a flashing Static road sign that indicates the lane is closed, it doesn't bother those self entitled people though. They keep going as far as they can and then cut in, jamming up the traffic flow.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes very annoying, just like when a lane is closed due to roadworks. There's a flashing Static road sign that indicates the lane is closed, it doesn't bother those self entitled people though. They keep going as far as they can and then cut in, jamming up the traffic flow.
Exactly.

These are the same people often, that drive below the speed limit (eg 80 in a 100) and then plow through a work area that has 40 signs up, still doing 80.

Must do 80 ! Must !

Reactions: 4 users
Yeh, always happens on the Monash. They put up the X to close a lane as there is work or an incident. But entitled kents drive down it knowing they are pushing in further up. If only one lane is closed (often they close them progressively though) I drive in both lanes to stop people driving past. There should be automatic fines for anyone driving in a "closed" lane.
Queue jumpers should be shot.

Yeh, always happens on the Monash. They put up the X to close a lane as there is work or an incident. But entitled kents drive down it knowing they are pushing in further up. If only one lane is closed (often they close them progressively though) I drive in both lanes to stop people driving past. There should be automatic fines for anyone driving in a "closed" lane.
Queue jumpers should be shot.
There's an even worse example of that sort of thing that carries immense danger.

Often on the Monash Freeway the off ramps are clogged back up the highway - sometimes 400 metres or so. If that wasn't incredibly dangerous enough, you then you get these absolute reckless **** who drive along the free moving lanes, then come to a complete stop as the try to push their way into the front of the off ramp que. That means the free flowing traffic - doing 80-100 kph - rear ends the *** that is trying to push in.

• Angry
There's an even worse example of that sort of thing that carries immense danger.

Often on the Monash Freeway the off ramps are clogged back up the highway - sometimes 400 metres or so. If that wasn't incredibly dangerous enough, you then you get these absolute reckless **** who drive along the free moving lanes, then come to a complete stop as the try to push their way into the front of the off ramp que. That means the free flowing traffic - doing 80-100 kph - rear ends the *** that is trying to push in.
Yeh, Toorak Rd off ramp and the Macrob bridge one can be backed up 500m plus beyond the exits And plenty just drive up and push in.

I am sure there are instances of drivers not being in the far left lane early enough but most of it is knowingly jumping the queue.

There should be lasers setup at the exits and cars (and their occupants) doing this get lasered to dust.

Yeh, Toorak Rd off ramp and the Macrob bridge one can be backed up 500m plus beyond the exits And plenty just drive up and push in.

I am sure there are instances of drivers not being in the far left lane early enough but most of it is knowingly jumping the queue.

There should be lasers setup at the exits and cars (and their occupants) doing this get lasered to dust.
Toorak, MacRob, Burke Road etc.

Absolutely. They should set up those cameras or whatever on the triangular median strip and catch these reckless **** and wipe them off the road for 12 months.