Life, The Universe and Everything Else | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Life, The Universe and Everything Else

Stripes said:
I've been traveling interstate this week so haven't had an opportunity to view any of the links posted as yet, but I do have a quick take on the concept of reincarnation. Until recently (and thanks to a learned friend ;D) I always thought it meant the soul's incarnation over many lifetimes. But now I've come to realise it means the personality (or ego mind) that reincarnates in a life time, not the soul.

So if its the personality (ego mind) which experiences reincarnation, then Enlightenment must occur at the point where the mind (and all other parts that make up the soul) converge as one. This IMO is the void I've mentioned before at which point we can truly acknowledge the oneness of being.

But what constitutes a "life time"? Surely a life time cannot be limited to the perception of one reality in which we consciously exist?? I mean, is this all there is to life, right here right now?!!! Tiges about to be absolutely pummeled (again)?!! NO WAY!! There must be more "life times" and I'm convinced they exist simultaneously. String theory? Maybe. But I do believe that explains why some people have recollections or experiences of "previous lives". They're simply tapping into a part of their infinite and unlimited potential of consciousness that exists, like energy, in multiple waves, frequencies and dimensions.
I PM'ed the response stripes.

Steel thyself for the answer. ;D

Tiger74 said:
Evo....we warned you about touching Stripes buttons ::)

I now need to go shower
There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
Buddha

:angel:

evo said:
Tiger74 said:

I now need to go shower
There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
Buddha

:angel:

So, Evo.....how many times have you used that line, and how often has it delivered :cutelaugh

You appear to be having unpure thoughts, Grasshopper.

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
Buddha :angel:

evo said:
You appear to be having unpure thoughts, Grasshopper.

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
Buddha :angel:

:( my limited life has shown much joy in impurity, dont underestimate it ;D

Tiger74 said:

I now need to go shower

Not only did he touch my buttons, he didn't even call the next day. :'(

There's an interesting article in this month's Cosmos magazine about how the wave of fringe sciences like string theory which is now considered mainstream but still can't answer what happened immediately before and after the Big Bang.

Philosophers don't send flowers, only truth. :angel:

Knowledge
Knowing others is wisdom;
Knowing the self is enlightenment.
Mastering others requires force;
Mastering the self requires strength;
He who knows he has enough is rich.
Perseverance is a sign of will power.
He who stays where he is endures.
To die but not to perish is to be eternally present

Lao Zsu

evo said:
Philosophers don't send flowers, only truth. :angel:

Stripes, thats the philosophers way of saying "Thanks for the fun night, I'll call you tomorrow" :hihi

Sun Tzu tells us........ to be extremely secretive, to be subtle and mysterious in our battle plans. 8)

Sun Zsu was a fascist.

He who understands virtue will have a sufficient amount, that is all. He will not allow sensual desires to be a burden to his mind, the small to injure the great, or the secondary to destroy the fundamental.

Chiang Tsai :angel:

evo said:
Sun Zsu was a fascist.

He who understands virtue will have a sufficient amount, that is all. He will not allow sensual desires to be a burden to his mind, the small to injure the great, or the secondary to destroy the fundamental.

Chiang Tsai :angel:

Well we was in the military Evo.

They do have a us against them mentality given the environment they live in so it is understandable.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, scince for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despiceable an ignoreable war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." -- Albert Einstein :angel:

evo said:
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, scince for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despiceable an ignoreable war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." -- Albert Einstein :angel:

kind of ironic given the work he did. On that you have to have to love the quote attributed to him at the time (be it real or misquote, it works for the moment)

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that one way or another.

Yes,he could see what he had discovered and it's potential for misuse in the wrong hands.So his words aren't really ironic.More prescient.

Even if he wasn't famous for science or any particular genius,his words are true anyway.

evo said:
Yes,he could see what he had discovered and it's potential for misuse in the wrong hands.So his words aren't really ironic.More prescient.

Even if he wasn't famous for science or any particular genius,his words are true anyway.

Just read the post I did, I accidently deleted the quote I dropped in was by Oppy. Thats one bugger I feel sorry for. Caught up in the zeal of the project and the science, and then it suddenly dawns on him what he created. Theory is always a little different to seeing the mushroom cloud in real life sadly.