Life, The Universe and Everything Else | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Life, The Universe and Everything Else

Great thread guys!

Going back to Deepak for a while - this is a genuine tweet from the guy.

"Time space and mass are born in a domain of awareness that is timeless spaceless & massless"

Cheers D-Man.

Azza said:
http://www.smh.com.au/world/mars-find-boosts-prospects-for-life-20130313-2g0j9.html

Swinburne University astrophysicist Chris Fluke agrees. The clay material Curiosity has uncovered, he says, contains many of the basic chemical building blocks that are present in Earth-based life: including oxygen, nitrogen and carbon.

More importantly, the clay minerals below the surface have not been oxidised. "This means that simple microbes could, in principle, 'feed' off it," Associate Professor Fluke explains. "It is not evidence that Martian life-forms did exist in the past, but it's a positive sign that conditions earlier in Mars' history may have been suitable for simple microbial life to prosper."

ok so perhaps not 100% confirmation, but going by the above quote i'd say its a certainty they will find conclusive evidence with a little more exploration.

antman said:
Great thread guys!

Going back to Deepak for a while - this is a genuine tweet from the guy.

"Time space and mass are born in a domain of awareness that is timeless spaceless & massless"

Cheers D-Man.
His wisdom knows no bound.

evo said:
Whenever creationists get all fired up their most oft used retort is "yeh, well if evolution is true how come we don't see transistional species fossils?"

Surely something like this qualifies as a transistional species. It's obvious it was once a fish that swam upright and that it is gradually transitioning into some sort of sting ray thingy .

tumblr_mhtobqMFho1s3yrubo1_1280.jpg

nah thats gary hocking on his honeymoon in Fiji.

TigerForce said:
Asteroid to miss the earth by 28,000km on Feb 16. Will pass west of WA. Shame we can't see it.

Geez....I still remember getting scared at 12 years of age with that Skylab fall. ;D

We were searching the bush for bits of it all weekend. Every rusty hubcap we found was worth $1 million bucks :hihi

antman said:
Deepak's wisdom comes from a place that is timeless, spaceless and brainless.

His wisdom comes from a US$billion dollar mansion in Palm Springs from the proceeds of all the dumb bastards who bought Chicken Soup for the Soul (did he write that one?, oh well, its an emblematic title that gets my point across). I was thinking about writing a sequel titled 'New Age esoteric *smile* for when youve got influenza"

tigergollywog said:
His wisdom comes from a US$billion dollar mansion in Palm Springs from the proceeds of all the dumb bastards who bought Chicken Soup for the Soul (did he write that one?, oh well, its an emblematic title that gets my point across). I was thinking about writing a sequel titled 'New Age esoteric *smile* for when youve got influenza"

Sums it up for me.

tigergollywog said:

Get on that gravy train!

Good thinker, this kid.You rarely see this depth of thought even in adults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SvMiXk2gGSk

Panthera tigris FC said:
That is an interesting question.

One hypothesis is about the value of grandmothers in rearing their grandchildren.

Further on this PT

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2012/10/new-evidence-that-grandmothers-were-crucial-for-human-evolution/

Is Grant Thomas now just a Deepak Chopra tweetbot? You be the judge...
"@Thomo_Grant: Football is not about football. Coaching is not about coaching. Too simplistic, archaic to think they are. It's more sophisticated than that"

KnightersRevenge said:
"@Thomo_Grant: Football is not about football. Coaching is not about coaching. Too simplistic, archaic to think they are. It's more sophisticated than that"

ah Thommo. I suppose ruckmen arent really about rucking either :hihi.

KnightersRevenge said:

If a bowl of Kellogs is poured in the forest, will anyone hear the flakes fall?

the more pressing question is why are you reading Cornflakes' tweets?