Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Anyone realise Jake was paying $16 for the first goal on Friday night? I know of someone who put $150 on him at those odds.

$16?? What the hell were the bookies thinking? He'd had around 18 kicks for 11 goals this season leading into the match. ;D

One thing I've noticed is that he's super composed. Was never gonna miss that shot from the pocket.

pete and tys said:
So this year we have
1 Liston winner
2 Brownlow winner
3 All Australian captain
4 Our own captain and Brownlow winner
5 A previous Coleman medal winner
6 Prelim finalist, maybe GF and maybe premiership.

Wow...what a turnaround.
Interesting that we have nine new faces in the team at present from this time last year.
That's almost half the team.

Am loving this year and loved Friday. Tigers of old!
Left out VFL preliminary finalist as well

Congrats to to Townsend but I found it interesting that 4 of the top 7 in the Liston count are/were Tigers.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Is it common for the Liston winner to miss out on the VFL Team of the Year? Of the top six, Townsend and Miles were the only ones to miss out.

VFL team of the year excluded all AFL listed players.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Is it common for the Liston winner to miss out on the VFL Team of the Year? Of the top six, Townsend and Miles were the only ones to miss out.

VFL team of the year does not allow AFL listed players

if you any doubt about the character of this kid .just watch his JJ Liston speech

here is a guy who has a significant speech impairment .getting up in front of that crowd and speak for 10 mins

you could tell how hard it was for him .....but he did it ...................

impressive stuff Jacob

well done

nswtiger said:
if you any doubt about the character of this kid .just watch his JJ Liston speech

here is a guy who has a significant speech impairment .getting up in front of that crowd and speak for 10 mins

impressive stuff Jacob

well done

Kudos, got some heart has Jacob. Was not a fan, thought he was too limited to make it but shows you what I know. Struggle to understand the challenge of living with that impediment. Would have been brutal at school at times. He's got character.

He's now my favourite tiger behind dusty...and rance...and chimp...and valstuin...and grimes....

nswtiger said:

impressive stuff Jacob

well done

You could see he was nervous but did himself proud. This season has been the making of him and hopefully will lead to a fine career in AFL