Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

He has turn from *smile* to gold overnight. Unbelievable
He was delist material 6 months ago. He has kicked 13 goals from 21 kicks, wins the Liston, what's next? Norm smith

Just when I thought he was coming good, he's gone and won himself a Liston. Seriously, other than Podsiadly and Sam Mitchell in 2002, nobody has won that award that has done anything at AFL level.

What a comeback.

6 weeks ago the guy was looking at unemployment.

Fairytale stuff.

Good on him!

Wonder-World-book.jpg

wonder world indeed. congrats Towner.

So this year we have
1 Liston winner
2 Brownlow winner
3 All Australian captain
4 Our own captain and Brownlow winner
5 A previous Coleman medal winner
6 Prelim finalist, maybe GF and maybe premiership.

Wow...what a turnaround.
Interesting that we have nine new faces in the team at present from this time last year.
That's almost half the team.

Am loving this year and loved Friday. Tigers of old!

Jacob story is one of persistence, commitment to getting better and playing to his strengths, team first, and develop a new string to his bow

This kid never and I mean never gives up both on and off the playing field!! He has changed the way we are playing in the forward line .and defenders now have a look over their shoulders …………..

He is so strong in his mind and has resilient mind set ….he has an intense internal desire to compete and win ……………..after getting knocked back time after time after time again but he still comes back ……….Lambert anyone????

A true reflect of his character, family and up bring ……………I am just so glad the tigers hung in there with him.

Jacob is a late developer --- and it makes you think just how many other Townsends have been thrown away at the age of 19- 22 ……….out of the Afl system

Talent development in the AFL needs to have a long hard look at Jacob Townsend story ………….and this is only the start of his book

Well done Jacob!!!

BrisTiger24 said:
Just when I thought he was coming good, he's gone and won himself a Liston. Seriously, other than Podsiadly and Sam Mitchell in 2002, nobody has won that award that has done anything at AFL level.

Until now.

and one more thing

he has confidences now!!

he is really confident

WATCH OUT!!!!!

he will play with freedom to destroy! :help

How did he win the best and FAIREST the umpires were reporting him and giving frees against him for hurting players by tackling too hard ;D

pete and tys said:
So this year we have
1 Liston winner
2 Brownlow winner
3 All Australian captain
4 Our own captain and Brownlow winner
5 A previous Coleman medal winner
6 Prelim finalist, maybe GF and maybe premiership.
You forgot the Norm Smith medal too :)