Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Is Jonas back from suspension if we play Port in the preliminary final? I'd love to see Towner take him to the cleaners, and he would because Towner's a winner.

tigerman said:
Is Jonas back from suspension if we play Port in the preliminary final? I'd love to see Towner take him to the cleaners, and he would because Towner's a winner.

Yes only misses this week I think. Missed the last game of the season and first week of finals.

We also haven't accounted for the fact that with Caddy is back in it sucks up the role and space Townsend would otherwise have to assume. Makes Townsend more passive and gives Caddy more freedom - just wish he could kick like Townsend. There's a phrase I never anticipated saying.

Townsend the Eddie Betts goalsneak of Richmond. Actually the Toby Greene flying dropkick is a little closer to the inner Townsend.

He should kick at least against his old mob. His most likely opponent will be Wilson (who never mans up) or *smile* brains Shaw

Loved his tap-back to Rioli to keep the ball in play, that led to Lambert's goal. Sixty seconds later he got to kick the sealer himself.

Tigers of Old said:
The 2 goals are one thing but Henderson, who Towner clearly had yet another role on, only had 3 marks for the night & Jacob harassed the sh!t out of him.
This strategy is working to perfection.
Yeah that was good. Geelong had to rely on the young Stewart to be the marking plus 1 and he pretty much choked.

Tigers of Old said:
The 2 goals are one thing but Henderson, who Towner clearly had yet another role on, only had 3 marks for the night & Jacob harassed the sh!t out of him.
This strategy is working to perfection.

Unbelievably the Age named Henderson in Geelong's best?? He was barely noticed.

Well done Towner.

MD Jazz said:

Well done Towner.
Sometimes I wonder if whoever picks the best players actually watches the game.

spook said:
Loved his tap-back to Rioli to keep the ball in play, that led to Lambert's goal. Sixty seconds later he got to kick the sealer himself.

play of the game

!
keep the faith!

MD Jazz said:

Fair enough. He kept Townsend to just 2 goals. He was averaging 5.5 before this week.

Well heard from close family friends of Jake, that he was pretty much told by Dimma, his job had changed somewhat compared to what role was required of him in the Freo and St.K games. Pretty much his job was purely and simply to shut down Henderson. Anything else - if he got a few touches or goals himself - was considered a bonus.

Based on these instructions, in the coaching staff's minds, he did his job relatively well. Sure the media is naming Henderson amongst Geelong's best. But his effectiveness was well down on usual and if they are scratching to list Henderson's ordinary game amongst their best players, it's more a reflection on how ineffective their whole side was, rather than if Henderson was actually any good.

Henderson was well below his average. With the 2 goals and a couple assists I'd have thought Jacob won the tussle.