Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

I promised my self I would not write anything else about young Jacob T for at least 2 weeks

but.......
1) I did notice he made the AFL web site team of the week!! ..a great effort knowing that they hardly ever put a Richmond player in there!!!
2) he is featured on the Richmond web site coaches corner .give you a great insight into the type of character Jacob is and how the club has developed him
3) it nice to see this thread still going ..... :hihi :hihi :hihi........... its 99% positive ..well done PRE!
4) and how about Zippa claiming him as one of his boys!!! come on Zippa!!!!! its nice to have you supporting him!!!

that's it .............

he will play this week and play his role again!!

Mr September !!!!

antman said:
Maybe frees Caddy up into full-time mid.
Or....maybe Caddy comes in to free Towner up as a full time mid. ;D (this might turn into one of those Chuck Norris type situations....)

Barnzy said:
Interesting one.

Caddy would've had 8 shots at goal today against that inept freo back line but would've kicked 3 goals 5.

Townsend surprisingly a very good set shot. If Caddy is fit and Townsend backs that up, does Caddy not play?

Interesting.

So JT is still a hack, because you've pronounced him a hack, because JC would have kicked more if he played? Serious?

Why not just give a bloke a pat on the back, it ain't that hard.

tigersnake said:
So JT is still a hack, because you've pronounced him a hack, because JC would have kicked more if he played? Serious?

Why not just give a bloke a pat on the back, it ain't that hard.

He actually said Caddy would have kicked less than Townsend

jb03 said:
He actually said Caddy would have kicked less than Townsend

My bad. Just got disappointed and annoyed with the hack calls before his game. Its fair to say most us us doubted him, except NSW of course. I was skeptical, but hopeful and supportive. He hasn't made it yet, but tremendous start. Also, tough fringe players are my favourite type of fringe player.

Kid won the Giants B&F in their first or second year, they offered him a contract but came to RFC, kid can play, he's no GAJ but he can play and is tough as nails. The way he leads that is instinctive, i think he looks somewhat like a natural forward.

Had an ordinary year last year obviously but he wasn't alone there!!! Lets see how he goes going forward, glad he got his chance.

Tigertough1974 said:
Kid won the Giants B&F in their first or second year, they offered him a contract but came to RFC, kid can play, he's no GAJ but he can play and is tough as nails. The way he leads that is instinctive, i think he looks somewhat like a natural forward.

Had an ordinary year last year obviously but he wasn't alone there!!! Lets see how he goes going forward, glad he got his chance.

?????? Did we draft Callan Ward or Jeremy Cameron?

Don't think Townsend ever finished anywhere near the top ten.

who do we play in the first final if Caddy is fit enough to return? my thoughts are they can't play both in the same team. I think Caddy will play and Townsend dropped.

I think the game has changed to the disadvantage of one dimensional talls, slow natural forwards and to the advantage of pressure/competitive flexible types.

Read that Menzel is struggling to get a gig at Cats next year because of poor pressure and tackle numbers.

Townsend might make a real go of that 6th forward position. One that has been rotated through Griff, Lennon, Soldo, Lloyd, Nank, Elton, Caddy etc.

Certainly gives us more grunt than most of the others. If he can play tall and kick the odd goal while providing pressure no reason it cant work. The other player who might be a candidate for that spot down the track might be Moore.

Townsend might be our Peter Welsh or Phil Baker from years past.

lamb22 said:
I think the game has changed to the disadvantage of one dimensional talls, slow natural forwards and to the advantage of pressure/competitive flexible types.

Read that Menzel is struggling to get a gig at Cats next year because of poor pressure and tackle numbers.

Townsend might make a real go of that 6th forward position. One that has been rotated through Griff, Lennon, Soldo, Lloyd, Nank, Elton, Caddy etc.

Certainly gives us more grunt than most of the others. If he can play tall and kick the odd goal while providing pressure no reason it cant work. The other player who might be a candidate for that spot down the track might be Moore.

Townsend might be our Peter Welsh or Phil Baker from years past.

Menzel has still kicked a lot of goals this year.

The issue with him is most likely to be recurrence/degeneration in his knees. If Geleong are looking to off-load him it will be a longevity issue, not form or ability.

lamb22 said:
Maybe, but they've told him it's his lack of defence.

Well, they are not going to tell prospective suitors that he won't get through another season because of his knees.

TOT70 said:
Well, they are not going to tell prospective suitors that he won't get through another season because of his knees.

Apparently the worst defensive stats of any small forward. Doesn't sound like it fits in too well with our forward mantra.